advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I’ve noticed is that there does seem to be a narrative, in the media, to blame the signing of Ronaldo for all MUFCs ills. This started even before he signed, part of me thinks they resent him for not engaging with the media.

Anyway, he scored again last night.

Benzema found guilty of blackmailing a French national side team mate. Quite an incredible story if you get the chance to read it with the trial in Marseilles raising as many questions as answers. It renders Spurs pre-champions league group game press conference quite dull in comparison.

Premier-League-Owners-Financing-2010-2020.png

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/11/pr...nanced-their-club-2010-2020-newcastle-united/

Reece James is an outstanding player. Well done, Chelsea.
Chelsea are an outstanding team atm and playing some great stuff, hope the Chilwell injury isn't too serious... need him for my FF

Last edited:
Well done Man City v PSG tonight. Excellent game and despite going behind, City pressed on and deservedly won 2-1. Pep got his tactics spot on, especially the introduction of Jesus when they went behind. Game was end-to-end at times with some beautiful football played.

Was at a gig, last night, so.missed all the football. I'll watch the City game, today, but it seems like City and Liverpool played well, adding to Chelsea's excellence, last night.

Was at a gig, last night, so.missed all the football. I'll watch the City game, today, but it seems like City and Liverpool played well, adding to Chelsea's excellence, last night.
City played well and were deserved winners in the end.
PSG, as they often do, flattered to deceive and appear incapable of playing as a team and doing the necessary for the collective good.
I think Poch must be quite frustrated with the setup there.

Looking good for all 4 English clubs in the Champions League so far.
Assuming they all win their respective groups, wouldn’t fancy a two legged tie with either PSG or Juve, the other second place teams don't bother me

Last edited:
Liverpool were a changed team last night with a back four that have never played together before . In the first half it showed and if Porto had anything about there attack they would have quite easily gone in 2-0 up at half time. Klopp must have said the right things at half time as there was much more urgency and accuracy in Liverpools passing second half. As often happens with teams if you get your chance you need to convert them and Porto failed but Liverpool did not . Two good goals then a controlled finish to the game to ensure our fifth win in this group . Considering Liverpool had nothing really in this game as they were already qualified and group winners it was a decent performance and nice to see some other players get their chance . Next CL game away to Milan will be another changed line up and may well be a bridge too far as they were good at Anfield and i expect better from them at home . Did not realise that no English club has ever had a 100% group stage record so that is something else Liverpool could achieve .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back