advertisement

Kia? Really??

We had our test drive of the Kia EV6 on Saturday. We managed to do a fair number of miles on an assortment of local roads and came away deeply impressed. Very comfortable, quiet, fast (it was the "GT Line S" rear-wheel-drive version), and handles well. The dashboard was very futuristic and it took a while to figure out what it was telling me, but I wasn't inclined to fiddle with the myriad different adjustments and settings; suffice to say this car was fully loaded, and then some. When you turn a corner a round window opens up in the nearside or offside display, showing the blind spot on that side.
I spent a fair amount of time after the test drive looking over the car, & I really couldn't fault the design and build quality. It's pretty large inside, with plenty of space for stuff. The salesman was very un-bulsh*tty and helpful which helped us make our mind up, so looks like we'll order the same model we tried, for delivery in March.

Congrats Tony! Which color did you pick, and what's your delivery time frame? After watching so many positive YouTube reviews, it is reassuring to hear some real world feedback.

It will be a couple of more months before the dealerships here in the US get their demo EV6s. After they do, I too am going to test drive.

Am very impressed by Kia's technology, performance and styling, so hopefully the seat will suit my backside!

Hi Mr Hook, it's going to be SWMBO's car & she wants it in red. Which is handy because that's the standard, no-cost option; not that I suggested it looks best in red or anything…

You'll love the seats, they really are very comfy with lots of adjustments.

Short footnote to say that I 'met' my first Korean (S) student in 1996. He was funny, kind, but could be serious and a hard worker. Very good bloke, and I wondered then if I should 'keep an eye' on S Korea. When Honest John talked up Hyundai and Kia 10 years back I kept a close eye on them, and the stories of their Hydrogen fuel car development convinced me that here was a maker to rival most Europeans.
Then, they went and sent 1000 design students to the RA and etc world wide and now?
These are very good cars. Honda and Toyota are getting nervous, and the VW group are just happy that Europe tends to be inward looking and quite conservative.
Great stuff.

Jaguar have factories in the UK but they are hopeless. I would never buy a Jag.
The Castle Bromwich-built Jaguar XE is a fine car. Better looking and more comfortable than the German equivalents, with a superb engine and an excellent build quality.
You're living in the past

advertisement

Back