advertisement

Naim olive fascia

puddlesplasher

pfm Member
I have a Cdi that needs a new fascia as the existing one is damaged. Name no longer have them in stock so wondered if anyone knows if anyone makes them.
Thanks

I doubt it. The ordinary olive fascias are very specific, the CDI adds to this complexity by needing a display window and infra-red window for the remote.

Fascia split on the left side. Was wondering if I could get a piece of plastic and make holes myself.

Unless you're very skilled and have access to some specialized tools, I doubt it. A good plastics supplier could cut you the right piece of plastic but how would you screen print the back and the Naim logo on the front?

If it's a clean crack your best bet is to glue it. If you use the correct glue it will fill the crack and be invisible when dry. You might need to sand and buff the face and you'll almost certainly still have a mark where the olive paint is broken. If you get it wrong it could end up looking worse than it does now. But I think it's your best bet.

If you want to see what I mean, put a little water on your finger and rub it on the crack so that some water seeps into it. If the crack disappears then the right glue is going to work.

Pictures would maybe help?

I can’t do pictures on here but the crack is too big for filling. I mainly play cd and always owned naim players and there is something about the cdi.

I can’t do pictures on here but the crack is too big for filling. I mainly play cd and always owned naim players and there is something about the cdi.

Here you go

0bd1ec585a719f65cd3d3bf3a3d37408dd77b94c.jpeg

Oh right! That's pretty wrecked :0(

And Naim can't help? Struggling to see how you could patch it. You might be able to fill the hole with resin but you're only going to get a bodge job at best. You could try and find a dead player you could take the fascia off. Not a cheap solution but probably the best one.

How did it happen?

I'm willing to bet the CDS2 has the same case and metalwork as the CDI/S did. it looks the same from the pictures. Maybe another call to Naim or Darran at Class A to see if one of those is available would work.

I don't know what, if any, difference it would make in practice, but, FYI, the display areas on the CDI/S and the CDSII are different; the former is larger, containing all of the digits & indicator lights etc., whereas the latter is smaller, containing just the digits, with the indicator lights outside:-

naimcds.png

CDS

Naim-Audio-CDSII-4.jpg

CDSII

Wow, that’s more of a crater than a crack.
I’d be so upset if I did that to any of my kit. How did it happen if it’s not too rude to ask?
Maybe keep a look out for a donor machine that is for parts only on EBay or such.

In this position I would be tempted to cut out a new rectangle for the display thus removing the damaged area and stick some thin transparent plastic over the back of the fascia . It won't look original but might look less obviously damaged .

There are a few places online that laser cut plastic to CAD drawings (or pdfs usually). May take a bit of work but you could get something cut but the colour match would be unlikely and screen printing would be down to you (but has been tried here before).
www.cutmyplastic.co.uk or similar may do it?

Actually, if you could find a sign supplier with white ink printing then they could probably do the whole thing and colour match (printed colour on rear?)

advertisement

Back