advertisement

Front grilles for Rega Kyte (new style) & Kef LS50

PerF

Scandinavian Member
We can fly to the moon, but
Would anyone know if (WAF friendly) grilles for above loudspeakers exist,? obvious nothing seem to be available from makers.

rega-kyte-1.jpg

KEF-LS50.jpg

Could always ask a person with time on their on their hands to knit (or crochet!) some nice slip over covers....they have to allow for the port holes and connections just to make it an interesting job.

Give a challenge to the local knitting circle?

@Markie on here makes beautiful replacements for the old Kytes (I bought some and was very pleased), perhaps he could make something - you would have to stick on some "hook" material to the baffle to grab the foam.

Or a pair of tights over the cabinet? :D

Don't mind the LS50 look, but I can appreciate the problem posed by youngsters.

The Kyte OTOH, just looks fugly. I've read several reviews that praise the sound but give a thumbs down to the aesthetic.

Don't mind the LS50 look, but I can appreciate the problem posed by youngsters.

The Kyte OTOH, just looks fugly. I've read several reviews that praise the sound but give a thumbs down to the aesthetic.

I don't mind their look at all

Thanks for all comments, would have hoped for something "fit and forget"
I even tried my RX3 mid driver grill on Kyte but no luck.

EjEJeIl
You could buy a little loudspeaker foam of ebay. They come in different sheet sizes. Cut to size and use small velcro dots.

Unless you are a dabhand with a modelling knife... if you go this way I would suggest cutting with one of those 'zig zag' dress maker scissors.

This is exactly what I did with my LS50’s for some protection and also to make them a bit inconspicuous in the living room (pic, zoom in pls)
zIEYTj6.jpg

Worked out well, and if you take the “grilles” off, the velcro dots are not too obvious. (Excuse the speaker/system mish-mash, having a bit of fun during lockdown last year.)

advertisement

Back