advertisement

Devialet opinions, reflection.

My initial thought was to run a hypex class d power amp off the variable outputs of the Devialet to the isobaric bass section of the Discoveries. The late Rodney Gold had commented on how challenging it was to get the level matched with the Devialet’s speaker outputs, given that it would require changing the configuration via the sd card.

Having owned the D220 Pro CI and demoing a D440 and D250 Pro (both CI) I'd opt for the D250 every time.
Hi.
I know this is an older post but if you don't mind me asking in which way the 250 pro ci was better than 440 pro ci ?...

I personally own 440 pro ci and heard 250 (non pro) and think 440 pro ci is a better sounding amp.

Hi.
I know this is an older post but if you don't mind me asking in which way the 250 pro ci was better than 440 pro ci ?...

I personally own 440 pro ci and heard 250 (non pro) and think 440 pro ci is a better sounding amp.

Hi,

I have a 250 pro and have not directly compared the 440 pro myself but the general consensus is if you have power hungry speakers the 440 is better, if not the 250 edges it. This may be due to the better thermal management or I think they have a slightly different power supply. I suspect either way, there can’t be much in it!
Cheers

Chris

Hi.

I bought 250 Pro CI in 2016 and listened side by side to the Le 250. The Pro series have improved power supply and some other things and the transient response was noticeably better.

advertisement

Back