advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

I’ve been out all day, so I watched the first 25 laps live on my iPhone. Once home, had a takeaway and then saw from ten laps to go on Channel 4. To anyone watching F1 on C4: I feel for you!

Horner needs to reign himself in as he is looking like an attention grabbing schoolboy , Wolf is always calm and considerate in his and usually makes his point in a diplomatic way , far more professional !
Good driving by Lewis and Max keeping the championship alive

Was only going to end one way with SLH got in front, but that apart some great racing made good entertainment.
Felt sorry for Bottas tho he was starting to build pace then bang. Likewise would have been interesting to see if RBS had allowed Check to stretch his tyres as he seems able to manage them better than most. Likewise huge respect to Alonso for balancing speed and tyre management yes the VSC was a huge help to him.
Still looks like Merc are unbeatable on the run in tho

I’ve been out all day, so I watched the first 25 laps live on my iPhone. Once home, had a takeaway and then saw from ten laps to go on Channel 4. To anyone watching F1 on C4: I feel for you!

Sadly things have gone downhill somewhat since Ben Edwards ceased to be the main commentator. I can't remember the new guy's name but he's just not Ben Edwards. In fairness, the commentary and overall content presentation has been much better than what we saw yesterday as well; I didn't really enjoy the viewing experience myself. When DC and Mark Weber are in the box the show is usually much more interesting. But sadly yesterday wasn't one of those times.

Horner needs to reign himself in as he is looking like an attention grabbing schoolboy , Wolf is always calm and considerate in his and usually makes his point in a diplomatic way , far more professional !
Good driving by Lewis and Max keeping the championship alive
Horner has, for all his time in F1 said the most stupid things out of all the team principals.

As I have said before, Toto used this on many occasions to motivate people at Merc.

Maybe Horner will tone it down now, but I doubt it and if he did, I will miss wondering what he will say next!

Horner has, for all his time in F1 said the most stupid things out of all the team principals.

As I have said before, Toto used this on many occasions to motivate people at Merc.

Maybe Horner will tone it down now, but I doubt it and if he did, I will miss wondering what he will say next!

He's reminding me of Kevin Keegan and that famous speech :D

Anyway despite the race being somewhat dull the result is good for the championship. If Lewis can win in Saudi then Abu Dhabi becomes a winner takes all contest. For me Max is still the favourite as I think Yas Marina will better suit the Red Bull, but if there is one team/driver who can pull this out of the hat it's Merc/Lewis. Even as a Lewis fan I find myself strangely conflicted... I am not sure I want the domination to continue, but more to the point I think Max has been marginally the better driver across the season and has suffered some points losses not of his own making. However you have to take your hat off to Lewis, still massively motivated after all these wins and championships. A cliche, but may the best team/driver win.

advertisement

Back