advertisement

Home Removals

jagdesign

pfm Member
We'll hopefully be moving from North London down to Worthing in mid January, and are just looking at some removals quotes. Anyvan are currently coming in at about 30% cheaper than anyone else and have free 48hr cancellation, whereas the other two leading quotes would charge 75% of the fee!

Has anyone used Anyvan for a complete home move, or if anyone has any personal recommendations, they'd be much appreciated!

Cheers

As I recall some movers have ridiculously punitive clauses that come into play if the move overruns into the evening, look out for those.

Yep - always read the small (and then the smallest) print. Professional movers always worked best for us because they can be crazy quick at loading and unloading and with fewer breakages than even careful amateurs. But overrun or cancel late at your peril - although our last movers were very accommodating despite the fearsome threats of extra fees. When it looked like slow confirmation of payment going through would hit us with £300 of fees for ‘late unloading’, the foreman negotiated being allowed to start unloading into the garage so one truck could get away on time.

Their insurance and what it actually covers, whether they are part of the trade body are a couple of questions to ask.

I can recommend S Dell & Sons based in Berkhamsted which is kind of north of London. They moved us from Leighton Buzzard to Chichester, and they did a fantastic job. They were also very reasonably priced, and took a lot of trouble going through the house to assess any possible problems and valuables. Mind you, the hifi came with me in the car :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, we have heard some not great stories about charges for lateness etc, will definitely check the T&C's - and likewise regarding the insurance.

@Nero likewise RE the hifi in our car :) Will give S Dell & Sons a call, thanks.

Both times we moved we got the removal guys to do the packing. Insurance cover is better when they pack it, they have access to all the materials and are much faster than you or I would be.

advertisement

Back