advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent win against the baggies. We have the makings of a decent team but I hope our luck with injury changes
I was there so I think I’m your lucky charm. ;) I Was at the Millwall game too. You hung on well and your No 8 had a cracking game with some brilliant challenges.

I was there so I think I’m your lucky charm. ;) I Was at the Millwall game too. You hung on well and your No 8 had a cracking game with some brilliant challenges.
O’Brien is a really promising young player, Leeds tried to sign him on the cheap but thankfully we resisted. Naby Sarr named MoM but please keep attending.

Funny how quiet the red Mancs are tonight…

So, Zidane, Rogers or Bruce next?
They need to give Ole time to settle into the job. It can take up to 10 years before a Man United manager is ready and can mount a challenge for the League Cup. Then at least another 5 for the League. Ole is sticking to the timetable so there’s no need to panic - it’s all going to plan.

I actually felt sorry for him when I saw him getting interviewed. He knows he’s dead man walking. I didn’t think much of Fernandez’s actions either, actions and words and all that.
They do need time though to let Allardyce do his thing.

OGS is finished - the defending at Watford was woeful.
It’s a decent squad if they can just get the right calibre of manager. Not sure who that might be right now, certainly not any of the second rate out of work dross that are available for an immediate start. I bet Spurs are glad they got Conte signed up a few weeks back.

I suspect the delay in losing him is that there is no obvious alternative. Rogers, why would he sully his reputation. Zidane won’t. Why would anyone doing well at a club with a good team ethic come and manage a misfiring group of galacticos, when most of their star players have a rather high opinion of their own self worth. Would Pep or Klippetty put up with the egos of Ronaldo, Pogba or Fernandez? Seriously how many of the current United team would be starters at City, Liverpool or Chelsea?

Will there be media and internet outrage when manure get rid of Solsjar-thingy? Surely he’s as nice a bloke as Steve ‘Rafa’ Bruce and the fans are shite?

OGS is finished - the defending at Watford was woeful.
It’s a decent squad if they can just get the right calibre of manager. Not sure who that might be right now, certainly not any of the second rate out of work dross that are available for an immediate start. I bet Spurs are glad they got Conte signed up a few weeks back.

It wasn't just defensively. The first half saw Watford first to the ball, more energetic in the press and playing with much more vigour than United.

They have a core of players who do not have the work ethic needed to compete at the top level. Fernandes and Pogba are the obvious examples but Ronaldo is also guilty of repeatedly shaking his head and blaming others and Mason Greenwood needs a better example to follow too. It is what happens when you repeatedly buy big names and then try to slot them into position rather than having a proper sporting strategy.

They will always be able to attract players and managers because they are a big name and play big money. They have a lot of talent in the team but there is a lot of work to do.

I suspect the delay in losing him is that there is no obvious alternative. Rogers, why would he sully his reputation. Zidane won’t. Why would anyone doing well at a club with a good team ethic come and manage a misfiring group of galacticos, when most of their star players have a rather high opinion of their own self worth. Would Pep or Klippetty put up with the egos of Ronaldo, Pogba or Fernandez? Seriously how many of the current United team would be starters at City, Liverpool or Chelsea?

Fergie is putting on his trackie as I type…

The players aren’t playing for the manager, simple as. This is the same team that gave City a game the last two seasons and coming out on top quite often, ruddy primadonnas

Feel sorry for Ole, nice guy, but clearly not up to the job. Will be interesting to see who they appoint next, i think they missed a trick not snapping up Conte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back