advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

I can’t see this turning into a classic battle. Those very fast turns will require a following car to be too far back or much much faster. I’m guessing by lap 5 most cars will be two seconds apart with DRS not providing enough delta on the straight.

Personally, I hope BOT brings a shake down, gets a good start, propels ahead and moves over on the track, giving VER the choice to back off or hit the grass or crash, then braking considerably early like he did last week.

I’ve just searched and found that this circuit has a spectator capacity of 8,000. It looks like almost all of those will be in the grandstand on the start/finish straight, and that was far from full today.
Ten year contract?

Childish. Dry your eyes and move on....

You can't really move on from a prediction, being that it hasn't actually happened yet..nor can you really dry your eyes from something that hasn't happened yet.

I think this would be a good mode of attack for Mercedes tomorrow, only time will see if they share my strategy!

It sounds as if he passed waved flags, flashing lights, a stationary car but possibly no info on his steering wheel…BOT reports no steering wheel warning too. There should have been enough clues…we’ll find out tomorrow.

Max has been summoned to the stewards for allegedly failing to slow for yellow flags on his final lap of Qatar GP qualifying.
@IanW can maybe explain.
Why can’t they just review the video and telemetry evidence and if guilty penalise him?
What could he say in front of the stewards tomorrow

The stewards threw the book at Lewis for the pit lane entry debacle I wonder what Max will 'receive' for this little infraction!! if at all!!

The stewards threw the book at Lewis for the pit lane entry debacle I wonder what Max will 'receive' for this little infraction!! if at all!!
I gather at the drivers’ briefing it was said that each set of stewards can interpret what’s allowed differently….it’s going to be chaos!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...n-lewis-hamilton-fia-qatar-pool-b1961409.html

This was an interesting read.

Apparently many of the drivers are confused about the rules of engagement since last weekend, Max obviously wants to keep it hush hush by the sounds of things.

I was pretty sure from Toto's reponse last weekend that the whole 'supposed' gentlemen's agreement was a farce.

Be interesting how his Yellow flag will pan out...

Well looks like my prediction was correct the huge straight line speed advantage Merc have means end of season if SLH gets in front game over no way if catching him.
Fair play he is showing why he is 7 times world champion.
From a neutral spectator sad to see a good season fizzle out but looks like the predictable Merc domination we have seen so many times.
Don't think I will bother watching the race it's a forgone conclusion I fear

@IanW can maybe explain.
Why can’t they just review the video and telemetry evidence and if guilty penalise him?
What could he say in front of the stewards tomorrow
The stewards can request the telemetry from any team, which includes GPS time and location and so that can be synched with the on car video which they can request if they do not have it already. It has been traditional for drivers to discuss any relevant information with the stewards (I have no idea what that could be).

Many years ago, Mika Hakkinen used to take one hand of the steering wheel to show the marshals that he had seen the yellow flag and drive at the same speed!

In the end the rules were changed and drivers had to slow down under yellow flags, but cannot remember there being a fixed amount of speed reduction or throttle lift etc. Presumably to allow for flexibility in each instance.

Verstappen does always seem to get an easy ride from the stewards which seems ridiculous as he is by far the most aggressive one , it really is about time he was actually given a penalty !

If this were a football thread I would not be surprised by the comments, but on an F1 thread full of reasonably intelligent people (as you would no doubt describe yourselves) such comments do none of you any credit.

If Hamilton did any such thing (Silverstone) you would want him to have a get out of jail free card; not Hamilton then build the gibbet...

advertisement

Back