advertisement

Good looking speaker cable?

yeah, you did!

SRX-SC-Both-Close-Up-scaled.jpg

I wish this company would make their minds up though - in their blurb they've said that Aluminium makes the best cable risers, but that looks suspiciously like carbon fibre to me! These are only $30k for an 8 foot pair, total bargain!

[edit] perhaps this pic will give a better idea of overall design - it's by Synergistic Research, for those of you that simply must have some

SRX-SC-edited-scaled.jpg

Those two "bullets" - their description, not mine - are for tuning the cables, to make them either more warm, or more airy.

Yes, seriously.

And at the end of all that the signal still has to jump a gap that is mitigated by a handful of bars of pressure.

My experience over the last thirty years or so has only been with Linn cables, but the one I’m currently using - K200 - is a darkish silver round cable (8mm diameter) that’s very easy to run around the edge of the room, as it simply lays there and doesn’t try to return to the shape it had on the drum.

https://www.linn.co.uk/uk/speakers/accessories/k200

Mick
Well I’ve gone back to the good old Linn K600, it’s black, flat, runs flat or on it’s side, stays put and sounds great in my system.

Here is where we ended up.

Lovely from my point of view. Others views will differ but I guess that’s the greatest beauty of this approach.

advertisement

Back