advertisement

It’s that time again

Del monaco

Del Monaco
Just approaching 7am.Coffee on. Creek tuner oozing music beautifully. Grief’s Lyric Suite.Ambient noise down to a minimum. No better time of day for me to listen to my music. Feeling good today. Job is going well, eldest daughter’s wedding approaching and Christmas break around the corner. Now what to choose this morning. Maybe dig out a few CDs or start with Peer Gynt. Whose performance? Isn’t this hobby/passion/ pastime just great?

Morning, been up since 4:45, no music though, just headphones with iPlayer/YouTube and here.

In answer to your question, yes, want to sort out a few things first, but would really like to try the LRS’ you have at some point, amongst others :).

Glad things are going well for you at the moment Del’, have a good day.

Just decided on:

Aadland’s Grieg survey with the WDR. Just listening to the lovely Symphonic Dances. Not a composer that I visit often but the music fits my mood well! Also, as all the mice are out playing I get to hear the music a little louder than usual( rare nowadays)
When you try the LRSs, I hope you hear the magic that I hear. Others seem to. Let us know when you try them and how you feel about them.

Woke up and Radio 3 my usual comfort radio.As always enchanting and helping me get to know classical composers more as a bit of a late starter.
Talk Sport on at the moment for the the football chat about todays matches in the kitchen.
Last weekend I got some mint Albinoni on vinyl for 50 p at a charity shop so will give them a play again later.

My Maggie 1.7i's Steve are fabulous on classical as you well know being a LRS owner ;)......amazing really !

Woke up and Radio 3 my usual comfort radio.As always enchanting and helping me get to know classical composers more as a bit of a late starter.
Talk Sport on at the moment for the the football chat about todays matches in the kitchen.
Last weekend I got some mint Albinoni on vinyl for 50 p at a charity shop so will give them a play again later.

My Maggie 1.7i's Steve are fabulous on classical as you well know being a LRS owner ;)......amazing really !
You’ll love the Grieg survey. Vital life affirming music.

Time for some bracing Stravinsky I think just to clarify my mind.Not sure whether I’d like Dorati or Gergiev. Maybe Dorati.

How are you going about getting into classical? I tend to use the old now deleted Penguin/Gramophone Guides. They have brilliant building a first library sections. Also ‘Building a Library/Record review on Radio 3. Just listening to the Rach Piano Concerto no 3 with Janis and Dorati. The Mercury Living Presence recordings tend to sound lovely on the Maggies. Well worth traversing. I alternate between Janis and Argerich/Chailly on Rach. Love them both for different reasons.

5 teenagers on a sleep over here. Just kicked them out the music room. Joy.

It'll never happen again by Lady Blackbird on first, then Kelly Moran, Bloodroot (a nice bit of modernistic nonsense).

Grieg music are so nice, other Scandinavian composers Sibelius and Nielsen too.
I really enjoy the Nielsen Symphonies. I have some old Ole Schmidt recordings on vinyl that are a little rough and ready but do convey the excitement and creativity of this neglected composer. And give me Heifetz playing Sibelius Violin Concerto any day of the week.

Gosh, your kitchen must be huge!

How are you going about getting into classical? I tend to use the old now deleted Penguin/Gramophone Guides. They have brilliant building a first library sections. Also ‘Building a Library/Record review on Radio 3. Just listening to the Rach Piano Concerto no 3 with Janis and Dorati. The Mercury Living Presence recordings tend to sound lovely on the Maggies. Well worth traversing. I alternate between Janis and Argerich/Chailly on Rach. Love them both for different reasons.

Really loving getting into it more and more.Radio 3 has been fabulous for educational purposes with composers.Sarah Walker on Sunday morning on Radio 3 is great shes so enthusiastic - isn't she.
Can't stop buying charity shop vinyl and have brought at least 200 albums the last year often mint and mainly 50p -£1 each....got 18 this morning for 50 p each !
There is one charity shop where they do 8 CD's for a £1.So my CD collection has hugely grown.
There is so so much I don't know and haven't heard though with classical.Where as Rock and Blues and other genres do know alot about bands etc.
Will look out for your recommendations but as I don't stream.I am a bit old school FM - Vinyl - CD @ cassette !

Really loving getting into it more and more.Radio 3 has been fabulous for educational purposes with composers.Sarah Walker on Sunday morning on Radio 3 is great shes so enthusiastic - isn't she.
Can't stop buying charity shop vinyl and have brought at least 200 albums the last year often mint and mainly 50p -£1 each....got 18 this morning for 50 p each !
There is one charity shop where they do 8 CD's for a £1.So my CD collection has hugely grown.
There is so so much I don't know and haven't heard though with classical.Where as Rock and Blues and other genres do know alot about bands etc.
Will look out for your recommendations but as I don't stream.I am a bit old school FM - Vinyl - CD @ cassette !
Simple answer. Just stream.

advertisement

Back