advertisement

Good looking speaker cable?

I opened the thread thinking “what an odd idea”, but I’m converted to the idea that a coordinated colour could look great.

Oddly, I suspect that they’d look better still on some cable lifters!

Did I really write that?
You’ll need some ‘attractive cable lifters’ then.

here you go..

DsCWZOBWkAEbGCQ.jpg

So you're snarking at me for agreeing with you?

Well I had to look up 'snarking' and now I know what it means, can you explain how my post was critical or mocking of you? I have re-read my quote numerous times and I can only see I am in full agreement.

An extra thought on braiding the cable is whether I should resist the temptation to have a different colour for each channel?

An extra thought on braiding the cable is whether I should resist the temptation to have a different colour for each channel?
That could actually be quite useful. When you're groping around in the nether regions of the back of your amp, being able to immediately tell which speaker cable goes on which binding post is a boon!

How does the Mogami pro/studio orientated cable compare to domestic HiFi cable?

Warm, reasonably detailed, not as sharp as I like, tbh. That could well be down to the equipment I was using when that cable was in use - Adcom 585LE - I've now switched to a much more recent amp, that i am finding to be a significant improvement. I've got some of their 4 core speaker cable, i can give it a try at some point tomorrow to revisit?

I opened the thread thinking “what an odd idea”, but I’m converted to the idea that a coordinated colour could look great.

Oddly, I suspect that they’d look better still on some cable lifters!

Did I really write that?

yeah, you did!

SRX-SC-Both-Close-Up-scaled.jpg

I wish this company would make their minds up though - in their blurb they've said that Aluminium makes the best cable risers, but that looks suspiciously like carbon fibre to me! These are only $30k for an 8 foot pair, total bargain!

[edit] perhaps this pic will give a better idea of overall design - it's by Synergistic Research, for those of you that simply must have some

SRX-SC-edited-scaled.jpg

Those two "bullets" - their description, not mine - are for tuning the cables, to make them either more warm, or more airy.

Yes, seriously.

yeah, you did!

I wish this company would make their minds up though - in their blurb they've said that Aluminium makes the best cable risers, but that looks suspiciously like carbon fibre to me! These are only $30k for an 8 foot pair, total bargain!

[edit] perhaps this pic will give a better idea of overall design - it's by Synergistic Research, for those of you that simply must have some

SRX-SC-edited-scaled.jpg

Those two "bullets" - their description, not mine - are for tuning the cables, to make them either more warm, or more airy.

Yes, seriously.

I’m wondering if some Lego alternative might exist?

Could possibly be a smidge cheaper?

And look 10,000% cooler.

I’m wondering if some Lego alternative might exist?

Could possibly be a smidge cheaper?

And look 10,000% cooler.

Could be. Then of course those of us looking for bargains could use chinese lookey-likey lego. Although for design I'm considering a wheel with regular holes could be ideal - just like I remember the original Technical Set car had :D

And for the cable spacers, I could leave the tyres on ;)

We have some empty cable reels in stores at work. I'll do eight for five hundred quid ......

yeah, you did!

SRX-SC-edited-scaled.jpg

Yes, seriously.
WTF.

Well, there are good reasons for the design. An air dielectric makes sense. But most of what I see on that cable is faff designed to make it look pretty, and extract maximum profit from people with more money than sense.
I don’t think it’s pretty. Looks like an exercise stretch band made of nylon!

advertisement

Back