advertisement

poster, help needed

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, i am trying to buy a poster of,, Salvador Dali Christ of St John of The Cross, https://www.bing.com/images/search?...DBB6A0C9&thid=OIP.oPfrC7v3ZkhAjyM7QNDOJwHaNJ&
i would like a size of about 24 " by 36", ish , have seen a few but they want over £37 , for a poster, i think this is far to much, yes the quality might be good, as it should be, then i would have to get it framed, also, there should be boats and boatman at the bottom, not all prints and posters have this, any help would be welcomed, cheers

No idea, really. But it might be an idea to discover what museum it is in, and see if the museum shop offers an "official" poster.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hi, i am trying to buy a poster of,, Salvador Dali Christ of St John of The Cross, https://www.bing.com/images/search?...DBB6A0C9&thid=OIP.oPfrC7v3ZkhAjyM7QNDOJwHaNJ&
i would like a size of about 24 " by 36", ish , have seen a few but they want over £37 , for a poster, i think this is far to much, yes the quality might be good, as it should be, then i would have to get it framed, also, there should be boats and boatman at the bottom, not all prints and posters have this, any help would be welcomed, cheers

Whatever you buy, buy nothing without being able to return. You can’t get a good idea of the look and feel without looking and feeling and smelling. The quality of the paper, the quality of the colour - that’s what you need to know before committing.

Whatever you buy, buy nothing without being able to return. You can’t get a good idea of the look and feel without looking and feeling and smelling. The quality of the paper, the quality of the colour - that’s what you need to know before committing.

"parole d'oro," words of gold.

sory, garyi but that is not cheap, it's a poster, print is so cheap at the moment, i thought about half of that, bugger,

I bought a smaller version in the Kelvingrove museum framed, It is of excellent quality but the real thing is really superb despite its attack with a knife by a religious person many years ago.

I remember the first time I saw the picture in the Kelvingrove. You came on it as you came round a corner and the effect was stunning. They have moved it to different location and the effect in my opinion is not quite the same.

Now I think about it, we had that picture on the wall at my old school. Possibly why I dislike the picture so much.

As to whether £37 is cheap or expensive, it's entirely a matter of opinion. £37 is at the upper limit of what I'd pay for a bottle of wine; for some people that price would be at the nursery slopes end of the scale, whilst for others it would be several times more what they would consider paying.

sory, garyi but that is not cheap, it's a poster, print is so cheap at the moment, i thought about half of that, bugger,

There are enormous variables in print quality; technique, inks, paper, and the skill of the printer. Also, whoever is selling it does so for a profit. Could it not be an excuse to organise a trip to the museum, to see the original and then look at the print? (I have no idea where you or the museum are...)

advertisement

Back