advertisement

Gabriels

A few months back Paul Weller edited Mojo magazine which came with a CD of songs chosen by him, mostly new artists, though a couple of older tracks and artists, some of them sounded like they were straight out of a 1967 Ready, Steady, Go!
The track 'Love and Hate in a different time' by Gabriels was the third track, at first I wasn't that fussed and would have skipped but after a few 'accidental' listens it really started to grow on me, definitely a very interesting vocal , composition and subject matter, I'd definitely like to hear more.

I like Gabriels. They were discussed either here, or in the Guardian a while back, with a slightly different version of Love In A Different Time.

I played it quite a lot, love it, but not quite enough to buy it. I imagine they would be fantastic to see live in a small room.

However, if you like Gabriels, you might like Algiers. Similar vocal but with indie backing band.

We stayed up way past our bedtime to watch Gabriels perform on french music show Taratata, last night.

Such a mesmerising live act. Jacob Lusk is one of those performers who really lights up the room, and then that voice comes in...

Quite an emotional event. Nice interview, with some funny confusion about Jacob coming from Compton, England rather than Compton, California.

It would be so good to see them live.

advertisement

Back