advertisement

Nikon Z 9

And this is the thing. Many people receive better after sales service from faceless online sellers than high street shops. The last time I used a shop, I was enquiring about buying a sensor cleaning kit. The slimy assistant in the busy shop shouted across to a colleague something like “Hey Steve, this one wants to buy a sensor cleaning kit!” And they both laughed.
The shop went quiet, I gave him a Paddington stare, and I walked out. 2005 ish.
Wex in Norwich are good, very good. If you need almost anything urgently, they can help.
Well, my local shop, Cambrian Photography, isnt like that. Theyre non pushy, knowledgeable, and helpful. I got my previous two cameras there, and would certainly try and give them as much business as possible. The Panomoz price, though, was what some people were asking second hand. And they seem to be a thoroughly stand up outfit, not like say, Curry's. But we won't start on that.

If I wouldn't have moved over to Sony I'd have pre-ordered the Z9 to go with my D850 , shame it didn't come out earlier . It doesn't offer anything over my A1 a few things are a little worse so will be sticking with what I have . A couple of friends are ordering one so I'll look forward to trying it .
Regards Panamoz I've used them a few times, never had any problems so far although delivery of items can take a while to come

I have had fantastic service from Panamoz when I needed to get a lens repaired.
And their warranty is (or certainly was) 3 years.

I’ve bought from Panamoz and HDEW previously. HDEW don’t sell Nikon anymore. Other option are E-Infinity (cheapest but no workable warranty so assume there is none), Cotswold Cameras sound good with their 3 year U.K. based warranty. Panamoz also includes a 3 year U.K. based warranty.

I buy from Nikon direct if there’s a very good deal on offer, otherwise it’ll be Cotswold or Panamoz for my next lens purchases as the savings are significant. Nikon warranty is only one year anyway and they repair grey imports (if you pay) so there’s little downside.

Last edited:
Had my new Z 70-200 and 1.4X converter delivered from Panamoz today. Took just over a week and both are absolutely as you’d expect for a new, Nikon product.

I
And this is the thing. Many people receive better after sales service from faceless online sellers than high street shops. The last time I used a shop, I was enquiring about buying a sensor cleaning kit. The slimy assistant in the busy shop shouted across to a colleague something like “Hey Steve, this one wants to buy a sensor cleaning kit!” And they both laughed.
Wex in Norwich are good, very good. If you need almost anything urgently, they can help.
If your in the Kent area I can thoroughly recommend Canterbury Cameras, they are a good honest family owned independent company, been shopping here for years, Nikon and Canon main dealers with no bias. https://www.canterburycameras.com/

Well Nikon must have shaken the tree somewhere as Canon are firing back with this https://www.parkcameras.com/shop/canon-eos-r3-mirrorless-digital-camera-body_1012101r
My feet are staying firmly planted on the dark side though, with Nikon as they have since selling my Mamiya in 2002!!!
The R3 was launched first and is aimed at a different market. The R1 however....
There's market room for both these amazing cameras.
Ironically, I have been a Canonista since selling my Nikon F4 in 1990!

I doubt it’s a response to any new product from any manufacturer. Canon will have been developing that pro sport/press photographer’s beast for ages.
As pointed out by canonman above, it was also released prior to the z9. I think Nikon will be around for a bit longer they still have a lot to offer, and nobody has come close to the D850 yet even though it weighs a lot more than a mirrorless camera there is quite a following round these parts. When time and cash permits I may go for a z9 but so far this year I have just done ten big ones on hifi!!

+1 for Wex, they are very good. Good prices paid for part exchange goods also.

+1 for Wex, they are very good. Good prices paid for part exchange goods also.

me too... I p/x'd my Nikon D600 with them and was happy with the price. And the chap in their Edinburgh store was super helpful and knowledgeable. There also happened to be a Nikon sales rep there that day who talked me through the Z6 which was very interesting.

I'm waiting for Mark Smith and Steve Perry to try the Z9 , both used all systems so should be interesting for me at least . I'm looking at a 600mm f4 next so need to be sure which system I'm sticking with

advertisement

Back