advertisement

RCA to Din interconect for Naim

I have the Chord Signature TA RCA to DIN between a Krell KPS-30i CD player and NAC 282. If I have the time I'll compare it with an RCA interconnect and report the results here.

I'm now using Kontak rca/din adaptors with Audioquest and Cardas interconnects between sources and my 82. Much better results compared to Naim entry level din/rca cables.

I'm now using Kontak rca/din adaptors with Audioquest and Cardas interconnects between sources and my 82. Much better results compared to Naim entry level din/rca cables.

Really? They appear to be frowned upon over on the Naim forum.
It would be a good option so I can use my existing Mark Grant HDX1's .

I have the Chord Signature TA RCA to DIN between a Krell KPS-30i CD player and NAC 282. If I have the time I'll compare it with an RCA interconnect and report the results here.

Just swapped between the Chord Signature TA RCA to DIN and a pair of homemade RCA interconnect which costs £400. Result, I couldn't tell the difference.

I then used a pair of RCA interconnects I found in the junk bin, the ones which come with red and white plugs that usually come free with DVD players. Fortunately I heard a difference. The volume was lower with this cable but the listening session didn't last long as midway through the bass was gone and it's just left with the treble and midrange.

I've tried a couple of RCA to Din interconects myself now including a chord clearway and I'm struggling to hear much of a difference with my Mark Grant HDX1 RCA's? Maybe the Chord is a bit smoother and slightly less bright but I couldn't be sure ?

Very underated amp ...the XS-2
I'm using it with living voice avatars and the combination sounds superb , the only thing I would say is that maybe the bass is not the tightest but that's more to do with the LV's.
But it adds a slightly forgiving quality to less good recordings.

advertisement

Back