advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
These past two home games have shown the gap between a team using perhaps 20 year old coaching methods vs teams with contemporary approaches to tactics & fitness. It's long overdue that Ole was replaced. Nice guy but seemingly clueless regarding how football has evolved.

Having mixed with fans from all over the place for over 40 years, I have to say, ‘banter’ on this thread is disappointingly poor.

Matt Ritchie a strong contender for crawler of the week on the BBC website :rolleyes:
On Eddie Howe, who was watching the game: "I am not sure if it confirmed yet or what is happening but for me my time with him was fantastic, I loved every minute. We have a young hungry group here and I am sure he can bring out the best in them if he is appointed.

"What he did at Bournemouth was nothing short of a miracle. I have all the praise in the world for him.

When Pep said that we have won everything ourselves, this is what he was referring to. Time and time again, especially against Liverpool and United, we receive unfavourable decisions while the opposite is true of our opponents. I do not know what is behind it but it feels too often to be chance.

Anyone referring to Fernandes as world-class is having a laugh: his attitude is poor, really poor.
Just watching MOTD and how that penalty wasn't given is beyond me. Still, shows how much help this United team need right now.

Disappointed with just a point today. We should have been out of sight by half time. Newcastle seemed to be taking it in turn to hack Trossard.

Wilson did a good job of tripping himself. I'm not convinced that there was any contact from Sanchez. Will watch MotD tomorrow.

Disappointed with just a point today. We should have been out of sight by half time. Newcastle seemed to be taking it in turn to hack Trossard.

Wilson did a good job of tripping himself. I'm not convinced that there was any contact from Sanchez. Will watch MotD tomorrow.
Just watched it and your keeper definitely caught him. Was only slight but enough at that speed to see you lose your balance.

Top three clubs City , Chelsea and Liverpool all look vulnerable but still quite a gap against the rest . Will be between these three for the PL and depends on which one has the shortest downturn . At the moment I feel City will be the most consistent and given the squad they have look to better than the rest . Liverpool will be fine till the end of this year but the loss of essential attacking players in Jan / Feb will cost them this year.
Would agree with that, the African Nations tournament will hit LFC harder than others with larger and better squads.

Would agree with that, the African Nations tournament will hit LFC harder than others with larger and better squads.
Chelsea will lose Mendy which is a major worry as Kepa is unreliable.
That said I fully expect it to have turned into a two horse race by then.

Poor little Liverpool and their tiny low cost squad eh? ;) You’ve got more than enough to cope with losing a couple of players. Mane & Salah barely contribute anyway! :D

Chelsea will lose Mendy which is a major worry as Kepa is unreliable.
That said I fully expect it to have turned into a two horse race by then.
Yeah, Chelsea and Liverpool will be miles in front so it’ll hardly matter by then who you lose to play in the tournament.

City will just have to carry on coping without a recognised striker until next season. Then we might have a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back