advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't get much exposure as it wasn't critical to the outcome of the game but for me it was definitely a pen.

When Pep said that we have won everything ourselves, this is what he was referring to. Time and time again, especially against Liverpool and United, we receive unfavourable decisions while the opposite is true of our opponents. I do not know what is behind it but it feels too often to be chance.

Anyone referring to Fernandes as world-class is having a laugh: his attitude is poor, really poor.

When Pep said that we have won everything ourselves, this is what he was referring to. Time and time again, especially against Liverpool and United, we receive unfavourable decisions while the opposite is true of our opponents. I do not know what is behind it but it feels too often to be chance.

Anyone referring to Fernandes as world-class is having a laugh: his attitude is poor, really poor.
Fernandes spent the whole match whinging at either the ref or his own teammates.
I'm not sure even Howard Webb could have turned it round for United today.;)

Surprisingly dull game with little passion or excitement. Simple win by City which in the way Utd fell short all game was just as damming as the Liverpool win .

While it has been obvious that Oli is not up to the task he has still gained v the third most PL points. With no obvious candidates after letting Conte go to Spurs I think they will keep Oli till at least Christmas then not allow him to buy anyone saving that for a new appointment in the Summer.

Surprisingly dull game with little passion or excitement. Simple win by City which in the way Utd fell short all game was just as damming as the Liverpool win .

While it has been obvious that Oli is not up to the task he has still gained v the third most PL points. With no obvious candidates after letting Conte go to Spurs I think they will keep Oli till at least Christmas then not allow him to buy anyone saving that for a new appointment in the Summer.

Last season was a strange old season though.

Fernandes spent the whole match whinging at either the ref or his own teammates.
I'm not sure even Howard Webb could have turned it round for United today.;)

To be honest, whenever we play United, he looks a step behind and is simply not in the league of KDB or Bernardo despite how much the media would like to proclaim him at that level.

A fully deserved win for City which could easily have been 4 or 5 had DeGea not made a few good saves. These past two home games have shown the gap between a team using perhaps 20 year old coaching methods vs teams with contemporary approaches to tactics & fitness. It's long overdue that Ole was replaced. Nice guy but seemingly clueless regarding how football has evolved. Not sure who they should replace him with though. Shame (but not surprising) that they missed hiring Conte. He'd have been interesting.

Two points chucked away by Chelsea - a bad day at the office on and off the pitch.
Credit to Burnley for hanging in there and taking their chance when it arrived.

A fully deserved win for City which could easily have been 4 or 5 had DeGea not made a few good saves. These past two home games have shown the gap between a team using perhaps 20 year old coaching methods vs teams with contemporary approaches to tactics & fitness. It's long overdue that Ole was replaced. Nice guy but seemingly clueless regarding how football has evolved. Not sure who they should replace him with though. Shame (but not surprising) that they missed hiring Conte. He'd have been interesting.

I feel for all the United fans, it seems to me that their club has missed so many opportunities since Ferguson left, and a team of galacticos is in place. A rethink is needed.

I feared a tough game and result for Chelsea today, the lad Cornet looks a player, and Burnley look back to their frustratingly good best again.

Top three clubs City , Chelsea and Liverpool all look vulnerable but still quite a gap against the rest . Will be between these three for the PL and depends on which one has the shortest downturn . At the moment I feel City will be the most consistent and given the squad they have look to better than the rest . Liverpool will be fine till the end of this year but the loss of essential attacking players in Jan / Feb will cost them this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back