advertisement

Where to get highish voltage multicore cable?

jazid

Hi all,

Does anyone have a decent source for valve amp B+ voltage multi-core cable, but not in whole reel lengths though?
500-600V is adequate for my current 6C33C project and it needs to be 7 core, current around 200mA in one core only.
I have tried Mouser, RS, Farnell, the usual but unless I can input a manufacturers code I find half of the stuff they sell doesn't pop up on general searches conducted through their websites.

Any help much appreciated!

How much do you need? I build engine looms as part of work. I would typically use 28-18AWG wire in 'Tefzel' or a similar ptfe/etfe coated stranded wire. Most of what we use is rated to 600v and 7 cores (one central core a 6 concentrically wound round it) is pretty easy to do, then heatshrink the lot together.

I'd agree that would work, but its a 3A cable (AC) so massive overkill and chunky. That may or may not be an issue for the OP.

Thanks for the replies everybody
Re 3A cable I can't see the cable diameter. In truth I'm confused and feeling embarrassed: is the indicated CSA on a per strand or per cable basis? I don't 'get' cable specs, to an outsider they seem rather arbitrary?

Electrical wholesalers like City Electrical, Edmundsons etc should be able to supply multi core cable in the voltage ratings you require.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
It's funny how there's plenty of cables around when you start digging, I just couldn't find them when I first looked except in 50/100m rolls.
I have gone with the Lapp cable since its size fits my requirements and available screw connectors, and it is available by the metre :)

advertisement

Back