advertisement

The The fans - heads up

My clear vinyl edition also arrived today. First two LP's nice a quiet and about to try third. Nice it comes in polylined sleeves, although that should be standard for all vinyl to be honest.

Received my deluxe edition (1883/3000) today and what a lovely thing it is. The book is beautifully printed with genuinely informative and interesting text and a wealth of stunning photographs. Haven't listened to the media yet (5 CDs, 1 record, 1 Bluray and 1 DVD), but will do tonight. One of the nicest special edition/box set purchases I have ever made.

Mine arrived too.. isn’t it just superb.

Mine arrived too.. isn’t it just superb.

It certainly is, a huge amount of effort has gone into it and that's quite surprising given the slightly more fringe appeal of Matt Johnson over the likes of the more usual lavish box set targets of fans of The Beatles and Pink Floyd et al.

I ordered the clear but they've sent a black one. No chance of a sub now but the black will probably be less clicky anyway. The discs are a very tight fit in the jacket - too tight - they've stuffed two discs into a single opening.

First impression after the first side is very good but it's a quiet pressing so it'll be quite compressed - I'll measure it properly later but the original albums had great dynamic range...

Maybe it would have been better in a box as it is a pain trying to squeeze the 3 discs back in and only just noticed the booklet on the center. Very much enjoying it and the sound is not bad at all.

Maybe it would have been better in a box as it is a pain trying to squeeze the 3 discs back in and only just noticed the booklet on the center. Very much enjoying it and the sound is not bad at all.

Agree.
Sending mine back. On the 2nd LP its jumps on both sides so not very good :(

Now that a few of you guys have listened to this, what's the sound quality like?

I've compared only on Spotify, against the same tracks on the studio albums. This live release sounds remarkably "dead" in comparison to the very dynamic studio output.
Musically sounds good and well performed but flat as a pancake...I'm hoping the hard copies are not similar.

Now that a few of you guys have listened to this, what's the sound quality like?

I've compared only on Spotify, against the same tracks on the studio albums. This live release sounds remarkably "dead" in comparison to the very dynamic studio output.
Musically sounds good and well performed but flat as a pancake...I'm hoping the hard copies are not similar.
Sound quality is good and mostly not flat with a detail and good soundstage. I would rank it above average for a live album. I don’t think you be disappointed and my copy is pretty flat with no clicks or pops so it must be a decent pressing as well.

Sound quality is good and mostly not flat with a detail and good soundstage. I would rank it above average for a live album. I don’t think you be disappointed and my copy is pretty flat with no clicks or pops so it must be a decent pressing as well.

advertisement

Back