advertisement

VINNIE ROSSI BRAMA

OMG.

It's like you found out that Nagra has a hotter, funnier, smarter younger sister:

https://www.vinnierossi.com/collection/

sh*t is sexy AF.
Better start saving :)

They do look the business must admit

Availability and Pricing
All three Brama components will be available for order November 2021, and will begin to ship to authorized Vinnie Rossi distributors and dealers late 2021 / early 2022.

• Brama Preamplifier – $33,995
  • Brama Stereo Power Amplifier – $33,995
  • Brama Integrated Amplifier – $38,995

Reminds me of the Epson RD-1 camera top dials or Lexus IS300 dash.

Which is all good in my book, very nice indeed!

Gorgeous design I was kinda surprised that there weren't any single ended inputs on the integrated. I guess at that level you can afford to go all balanced but a couple of pairs of RCA inputs would have been nice...

I see there is a pair of RCA -XLR adapters included but I'd agree it does seem a strange choice not to have a variety, I wonder what the price in the UK will be, not that I'll be buying it.

I wonder what the price in the UK will be
normally $1=£1 but after brexit !
Brama Preamplifier – $33,995 ( £33,995 )

Oh, about the time Vinny was making a lot of article space by touting his battery-based PSUs ...

..once one magazine started measuring them - they were hideous: LF ripple all over the shop, way worse than a jellybean 3-pin regulator-based wallwart. Must have been poor PCB or physical layout sharing a lot of common 0v return on the charging side, was my immediate thought (along with 'that's sh!t & avoidable!')

But no, despite that demonstrated utter deficiency - never actually addressed as I recall, then or since - Rossi PSUs floated to the top of a lot of audio-web-based commentary; and the other products also get a lot of pass-through pressrelease web exposure since.

I'd love to see a current device up close, to take a view on current mouth:trouser ratio.

caveat emptor.

I wonder what the price in the UK will be
normally $1=£1 but after brexit !
Brama Preamplifier – $33,995 ( £33,995 )

The exchange rate is $1= £0.73
Brexit has not effected the VAT from the US it's still the same (rip off) price it always has been.
The best part of a whopping £5k on the preamp but would still be £4K less than the £33,995

Oh, about the time Vinny was making a lot of article space by touting his battery-based PSUs ...

..once one magazine started measuring them - they were hideous: LF ripple all over the shop, way worse than a jellybean 3-pin regulator-based wallwart. Must have been poor PCB or physical layout sharing a lot of common 0v return on the charging side, was my immediate thought (along with 'that's sh!t & avoidable!')

But no, despite that demonstrated utter deficiency - never actually addressed as I recall, then or since - Rossi PSUs floated to the top of a lot of audio-web-based commentary; and the other products also get a lot of pass-through pressrelease web exposure since.

I'd love to see a current device up close, to take a view on current mouth:trouser ratio.

caveat emptor.

So...you will be playing the role of the "smart guy", and I will be the playing the role of "technical moron".

That being said, let's proceed....

I don't remember a battery powered PSU, but I remember something about a "supercap" (no I didn't google this, it's all from memory), something where he used a huge bank of capacitors and no transfomer. Or something like that. something weird like that. Is that what you mean? ....I'll now go (after this) and do some reason. Interestingly I did notice on this that he's gone very simple; massive 1750 VA tranny and a lot of large caps, the part I don't understand (again, technical moron here) is that he seems to be using an optional valve line stage but it's using 300B's. Aren't they normally employed in a power amp stage? Wouldn't a 12AX/u7 or whatever normally be used in a line stage?

Anyway please keep educating me (genuinely). I like learning this stuff.

sorry -I haven't cared remotely enough to try keep up with this brand's gyrations /pitch.
I wouldn't be surprised by what you describe though... seems like headline gear, without idea.

advertisement

Back