advertisement

Keith Monks Prodigy - record clamp upgrade

TheCadman

Hi all

I’ve had a Prodigy since they were first launched and have been very happy with its cleaning ability. However, the one frustration that I have had is that I often have to reduce the suction to ensure that the record being cleaned doesn’t ‘stall’ and just spin on the drive spindle. I’ve seen on YouTube that they now come with an upgraded rubber clamp, but I can’t get any response from KM or the dealer I bought it from about getting hold of one.

Any ideas, or suggestions for alternative solutions?

Thanks, Graham

I think there is (was?) a very good and inexpensive record clamp called something like "the pig"
You could try and get one of these as an improvement on yours?

Hi Graham, this is Sean from Keith Monks Audio
Glad to hear you've been enjoying Prodigy, but unhappy to hear you have tried to get the upgrade without response. Looking back I cannot see any stray emails from any Grahams - please can you resend to me at my direct email -
[email protected].
For our records, please show serial number (on underside), approx date of purchase your address, and name of dealer.
As soon as I see it, I'll make sure I take care of this personally and get a set off to you.
Thanks for your continued support for the Original "Record Cleaning Machines".
Best regards,
Sean
Keith Monks Audio UK

Hi Graham, this is Sean from Keith Monks Audio
Glad to hear you've been enjoying Prodigy, but unhappy to hear you have tried to get the upgrade without response. Looking back I cannot see any stray emails from any Grahams - please can you resend to me at my direct email -
[email protected].
For our records, please show serial number (on underside), approx date of purchase your address, and name of dealer.
As soon as I see it, I'll make sure I take care of this personally and get a set off to you.
Thanks for your continued support for the Original "Record Cleaning Machines".
Best regards,
Sean
Keith Monks Audio UK
Great service here. Just the kind of thing you would like to think would happen when you buy British and buy new.

Great service. Restores your faith in small businesses where customer retention and loyalty is the so important. I have an ancient KM RCM serial no 691 complete with destructions, and transit screws. Not sure of its age but still working reasonably well. I was thinking of refurbishing it as all the parts seem to be available from their web site. The only item that is not functioning is the Morris 1000 hand washer pump!

Thanks all - we aim to please. While Keith Monks was going through growing pains, Jonathan will be the first to admit he did struggle keeping up, but he has us to help now so, no excuses !
Graham I'm still not seeing anything in our Inbox or spam - soon as I hear from you, I can get this on the go.
Happy Cleaning and, Listening !
Sean, Keith Monks Audio

Thanks all - we aim to please. While Keith Monks was going through growing pains, Jonathan will be the first to admit he did struggle keeping up, but he has us to help now so, no excuses !
Graham I'm still not seeing anything in our Inbox or spam - soon as I hear from you, I can get this on the go.
Happy Cleaning and, Listening !
Sean, Keith Monks Audio
Sean. That’s odd, I mailed you at 16.50 yesterday…..

advertisement

Back