advertisement

Emma Raducanu continues to improve.

Ah, thanks. I s'pose I could get that on my desk-top but can't see how I would get in on my TV (and I wouldn't watch on a VDU/monitor. Technology left me behind years ago. :(

Mine all have HDMI so plug one end of the lead into the TV HDMI in and the other into Desk top HDMI out. 5m HDMI didn't cost much but i'm not sure that 10m would support HDTV.

One thing that really struck me as my mother got older was how much more pleasant her life would have been if she'd kept up with basic technology. She achieved 75% mastery of her iPad then lost it a bit.

Managing hearing aids, TV, online shopping, books and music takes a little bit of effort but if you can keep up you'll appreciate it one day!

^ 75% mastery of an iPad is impressive. I reckon I have 25% 'mastery' of my iPhone and even less of my MacBook.

As this is the closest to a tennis thread, anyone watching Cameron Norrie taking a leaf out of the Emma book. Is in the Indian Wells final, his first Masters 1000 final - according to the Beeb. Hard to find where to watch but youtube helps.

I’ve been following the Indian wells tournament and have been pleased to watch cams progress.

Despite rooting for Badosa I found myself amazed by Ons Jabour and her unorthodoxy, what an amazing woman!

I enjoyed watching Azarenka beat Ostapenko but gained new respect for the grumpy Latvian in the process.

Great result for Norrie who has moved up almost 60 ranking places since the start of the year, now established as the U.K. men’s number 1 and a chance to go further and play the end of year top 8 tournament.

Well done.

Great result for Norrie who has moved up almost 60 ranking places since the start of the year, now established as the U.K. men’s number 1 and a chance to go further and play the end of year top 8 tournament.

Well done.

I often rely on pfm to keep me updated :). I assume he won, which would be his first major. I believe Indian Wells is just behind the masters, so pretty big (no idea where it is though). Is the end of the year 8 show still to be 02? I thought this tournament had moved overseas this year.

Yep, end of year show has moved. Rome?
The Indian Wells tournament is in California, usually held at the end of March. The tennis facility is the second largest in the world, behind Flushing Meadows, NYC.
It is usually one of the faster hard court surfaces but I understand that it is very slow this year. The tell tale sign is the ball fluff that has been pulled off the balls on contact with the court.
I'm pleased for Norrie, he seems a nice guy. But whether he stays a Brit, we'll have to wait and see. He only moved here for the funding and support, which wasn't available in South Africa or New Zealand.

But whether he stays a Brit, we'll have to wait and see. He only moved here for the funding and support, which wasn't available in South Africa or New Zealand.

His parents are Scottish and Welsh which may have influenced him

Dame Emma into the 2nd round. Wins her first full WTA level tour match. Wimbledon and US Open being even higher than that of course, ha.

So I’m watching the Transylvanian open and there’s a guy in the stands in full Dracula costume and makeup. The commentator hasn’t mentioned it yet.

advertisement

Back