advertisement

relay identification query

coltrane

electrobaroCKjazzer
hi lads,
in my preamp there's an output muting relay similar in outlook (though the visible 'legs' are missing), and of the same size, to what one can find in e.g. a Nait: a small black plastic box. however, the only prints on it are '47/7 9003A'. I tried a good search on the net but no joy - and it needs replacing. please advise what exact relay I should look for, will you.
thanks

9003 could also be a date code. Knowing the model and age of the preamp would be helpful.

thanks so far, guys. I'm afraid, though, that I can't post a photo here but it's really that thing: a black plastic cased relay with 47/7 and 9003A, and an F in capital between two horizontal lines (I guess the manufacturer's ID) printed on, that's it. to add, the pre is a Meracus MF.160, actually a such branded, Magnum made preamp (the PCB says 'Magnum AR.115-2.'), and I believe it was made in March, 1990, thence the 9003 number.

in the meantime I made a quick search on the net and it seems that it's really a type 47 7V relay (never knew such thing exists), many thanks, Mark, will hopefully find one or a replacement unit

I did find a .pdf sheet for Axicom relays and it says

"Coil versions, BT 47 type/specification T4563 C (current tested) - British Telecom Code 47W/7 - Nominal Voltage 24V" > much more credible than the 7V

I, thus, reckon that any kind of relay of the same size and voltage will be OK not only that BT 47W/7 - am I right?

The same coil voltage and size and you will be good.

Type 47 are quite common type so you should be able to get one easily.

I use 12v coil ones in my starfish for input switching.

Pete

You can buy these from trustworthy suppliers like RS and Element14/Farnell
Avoid the usual auction sites as relays are also faked with cheap contact materials

advertisement

Back