advertisement

macOS Monterey (OS 12)

Rack Kit

pfm Member
Anyone had any issues after installing this one?

https://www.apple.com/uk/macos/monterey/

Big Sur was painless but I had big issues with Catalina.

Looks this one has benefits for M1 chipped kit but intel equipped (mine) won't be getting. The start of obsolescence for older Macs starts now I guess and maybe even before this latest OS.

Just spotted there's a large (2.3Gb) security update for Big Sur too so downloading that first anyway while searching for any possible issues with Monterey on Intel Macs.

List of Mac computers compatible with MacOS Monterey:

• iMac: from late 2015 models and later
  • iMac Pro: from 2017 models and later
  • MacBook: from early 2016 models and later
  • Mac Pro: from late 2013 models and later
  • Mac Mini: from late 2014 models and later
  • MacBook Air: from early 2015 models and later
  • MacBook Pro: from early 2015 models and later
List of Mac models not eligible with the MacOS Monterey update:

• MacBook: from early 2015 models
  • MacBook Pro: from late 2013 model and mid-2014
  • iMac: from mid-and late 2014 models and early 2015
  • MacBook Air: from mid-2013 models and early 2014
https://technclub.com/guides/macos-monterey-compatibility-check/

Just downloaded Monterey to my M1 Mac mini and having issues with Mail. No content showing from mail and can’t find a fix at the moment. First time I’ve ever had a problem with a new OS release.

Just downloaded Monterey to my M1 Mac mini and having issues with Mail. No content showing from mail and can’t find a fix at the moment. First time I’ve ever had a problem with a new OS release.
I'm still downloading it on to the office based 15" MacBook Pro to test it there until I do it on the 13" I take with out for jobs. I can't afford to have that one playing up.

I'm downloading the 12.0.1.version so there might already be a fix for the mail problem. 12Gb is a bloody big download. Can't remember one that big before.

I’ve been running it for almost two months with no issues.
IMac 2020 and MBAM1.

I'm still downloading it on to the office based 15" MacBook Pro to test it there until I do it on the 13" I take with out for jobs. I can't afford to have that one playing up.

I'm downloading the 12.0.1.version so there might already be a fix for the mail problem. 12Gb is a bloody big download. Can't remember one that big before.
I'm running 12.01. Weird problem - I have 4 accounts set up with Mail and the 3 Gmail accounts are loading normally. My Apple mail account is the account that won't load content. Have switched over to Outlook for Mac for the moment until I can get a fix for Mail.

I'm running 12.01. Weird problem - I have 4 accounts set up with Mail and the 3 Gmail accounts are loading normally. My Apple mail account is the account that won't load content. Have switched over to Outlook for Mac for the moment until I can get a fix for Mail.
I have 6 accounts in Mail, no issues.
Updated from Big Sur.

Updated from Big Sur on a 2013 Mac Pro and I really can't tell the difference yet. Apart from the purple screen. Mind you I use this as a test box and my email and everything else is on another Mac.

Both laptops updated and haven't come across any problems so far and hopefully it's not going to be a Catalina. Also did the IOS updates on the iPhone, iPad and Watch.

I was a bit skeptical about downloading and installing this OS because I was running Windows 11 ARM on Parallels 17 on Big Sur but absolutely no issues with Windows or anything else with Monterey so far.

My only gripe with Big Sur is occasional issues with either TB->DP or the HDMI output not waking my monitor on my M1 Mini. Oh, and also it not always waking external devices (e.g. the Focusrite Scarlett I use with it for audio). The second is easily resolved - change the settings in Audio Midi setup - although a nuisance, but the occasional screen not waking or waking with nothing but grey distortion is very annoying indeed.

Not sure if I want to risk Monterey yet!

advertisement

Back