advertisement

Pre 2021 Budget warm up, Rishi Sunak...

My prediction is the whole thing will be a smokescreen to deflect attention from the now blindingly obvious failure of Brexit. As ever Tory mistakes need paying for, and they sure as hell won’t be footing any bills themselves.

My prediction is the whole thing will be a smokescreen to deflect attention from the now blindingly obvious failure of Brexit. As ever Tory mistakes need paying for, and they sure as hell won’t be footing any bills themselves.
The difference is that when it comes to spending on public services ‘paying for it’ is merely a matter of government making the money available and government cannot run out of it”s own money, but Brexit is revealing a shortage of resources, that do need to be paid for in hardships and deprivation.

The difference is that when it comes to spending on public services ‘paying for it’ is merely a matter of government making the money available and government cannot run out of it”s own money, but Brexit is revealing a shortage of resources, that do need to be paid for in hardships and deprivation.

Theoretically true, but the reality is poor people aren’t Tory donors and the alleged opposition only want to be loved by the Daily Mail. We’ll all get to pay for their Brexit. In fact every small business (and some larger ones) already are.

Theoretically true, but the reality is poor people aren’t Tory donors and the alleged opposition only want to be loved by the Daily Mail. We’ll all get to pay for their Brexit. In fact every small business (and some larger ones) already are.
Yes, not disagreeing. Brexit is the shortage of real things which will cause hardship. My only point was that when it comes to spending in this country, there is no shortage of money to pay for whatever we want, our government cannot run out of GBP’s. Sunak’s lie is that govt spending has to come from govt receipts from tax

He’s trying the cakeist approach of ‘we have to raise taxes because we’re short of money’ combined with promises of more money to buy future votes. A chill ran down my spine when I read on the BBC website that £billions would be needed to ‘digitise’ the NHS. God help us all, if previous attempts to digitise it are anything to go by.

As Sunak announces billions for transport outside London has anyone told him that there is now a severe shortage of bus drivers as many jumped to driving trucks. :rolleyes:
The 'no need for facts/experts/strategy/hard work and bully civil servants' policy because reactive 'throw money in all directions empty headlines policy' is much easier policy.

He’s trying the cakeist approach of ‘we have to raise taxes because we’re short of money’ combined with promises of more money to buy future votes. A chill ran down my spine when I read on the BBC website that £billions would be needed to ‘digitise’ the NHS. God help us all, if previous attempts to digitise it are anything to go by.
Yes, means ‘digitise’ more public money going into private pockets whose utility is measured in donations to the Tory party rather than expertise.

£billions for Tory cronies. How much for nurses?

The budget will have to divert attention from corrupt Tory MP Owen Patterson now who’s been found in breach on ministerial code due to highly paid and undeclared lobbying. Caught being paid three times his MPs salary to shill for his corporate owners. Astonishingly the penalty looks like it will be a 30 day suspension. I’d throw corrupt shit like this in jail for a decade or more. Contrast and compare with penalties for working on the dole etc.

PS Just broken now, hence no link. Reported on Sky News.

The budget will have to divert attention from corrupt Tory MP Owen Patterson now who’s been found in breach on ministerial code due to highly paid and undeclared lobbying. Caught being paid three times his MPs salary to shill for his corporate owners. Astonishingly the penalty looks like it will be a 30 day suspension. I’d throw corrupt shit like this in jail for a decade or more. Contrast and compare with penalties for working on the dole etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rson-faces-suspension-breaking-lobbying-rules

It's disgusting and always likely to happen whilst MPs are allowed to have other income streams such as ****solcancy work whilst purporting to represent us. Change the rules ffs as this has been going on forever.

In fairness someone has to pay for £bns of Tory grift and Brexit, and it may as well be nurses, teachers, ambulance drivers, firemen etc. Tories gotta Tory.

PS The self employed will get reamed too, I guarantee it. We always do regardless which party is in power. The Tories defend their establishment wealth and corporate/oligarch donors, Labour their unionised mass-labour and the public sector. Those who are neither have no voice in British politics.

So a months holiday from Parliament for,

She called it “an egregious case of paid advocacy” and said Paterson had “repeatedly used his privileged position to benefit two companies for whom he was a paid consultant, and that this has brought the house into disrepute”.

He could be forced to face a by-election but would be returned as MP because he’s just being Tory and “good at business”. He should be fined half his annual salary at least, given the amounts he has trousered from the businesses he’s fronting.

It is blatant corruption and self-interest. An absolute breach of his public service role. In any sane country he would be jailed, and for a very long time. Another example of just how far from a representative democracy the UK is. This really is Mugabe-grade politics. It is an utter disgrace.

advertisement

Back