advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Seems first Mercedes and now also Honda are pushing their engines harder so 12 and 23 points are very little with the higher tech failure risks.

Shaquille O'Neal manages to insinuate himself into yet more exposure. The guy is everywhere, even though he's been retired for ten years.

Off topic (again) but shunts/safety cars/stoppages spoiled most of the racing at Donnington; one of the former involving Hunt and Lauda.

Great Gp , Max definately deserved to win this time , he handled the pressure well . I think Lewis also did a great job in what seemed a slower car making for an exciting ending .

Freddie and Mathias, racing sports cars, opted for the same piece of tarmac. Each bears a striking resemlance to his more talented/fortunate dad. A certain symmetry either appeals.....or doesn't. Never mind.

Aha, good ol' Sandown. I used to live a few km from there, and have been to races there. Since it is also a horse racing track, and therefore flat, the circuit is not really that interesting. Australia's great tracks are the Mount Panorama track at Bathurst and the MotoGP circuit at the wonderfully picturesque Philip Island.

Aha, good ol' Sandown. I used to live a few km from there, and have been to races there. Since it is also a horse racing track, and therefore flat, the circuit is not really that interesting. Australia's great tracks are the Mount Panorama track at Bathurst and the MotoGP circuit at the wonderfully picturesque Philip Island.
But the video wasn’t made there :) and it’s a great video despite the circuit :)

I

In its current format, I detest the sprint race. It’s messy and makes no sense. But hey, I’m probably 40 years older than, the wrong sex, and the wrong colour for their new target audience.

It was noticeable at the final BTCC round this year that I went to. Three races, first two pretty dull because a DNF with chassis damage will be a disaster. Third race? Racing!!! We’ve already seen it in these sprint races, where after a flurry of activity for the first lap or two it settles into boredom. No time for strategy, just avoid trouble and finish the run.

I like the way F1 has to be so politically correct, I assume that Avid is not the opposite of Normal, but of course we cannot say what the opposite of Normal is :D

advertisement

Back