advertisement

Found any attractive car leasing deals?

This implies that buyers are over-paying and subsidising the lease schemes

Not really David, but it does imply that if you do have capital that you can invest elsewhere at a good return, then the cost of car leasing in the UK is currently still attractive that you may wish to consider doing so (and lock into attractive leasing costs) if you can find a good deal, which is becoming much harder due to supply chain issues. Once the cost of leasing returns to higher levels (as BoE base rate increases) then it may become less attractive, depending on where you invest. You may remember my posts in the 2020 and 2021 Stock Market threads (as you have commented on them) so you know can determine my investment strategy and my range of rate of return.

Yes that certainly seems to be the case at the moment. Run out Volvo S90s and V60s (non-hybrids) seem to be the best deals at the moment, may go for one of those. Alfa is now crossed off list as a bit too cramped in the rear after taking a good look at one today.

Hi Richard - I know in these days it sounds a bit profligate, but yes, for my family situation it is very necessary - as long as it does not contravene any future lockdown rules. Supporting my loved ones is not for debate.

I think you might be doing more for your family by not adding to excess emissions - just a personal view.

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back