advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Well, I've a nasty feeling that Lewis/Merc are going to come up short for definite now.... COTA was supposed to be a Merc circuit, Mexico and Sao Paulo are nailed on for Red Bull... it may even be done before Abu Dhabi such is the speed of the RB in Austin.

So the Mercedes engine upgrades haven’t been enough - even faster on the straights but can’t improve the driving on the twisty bits :)

Stop. Please. There’s no need for this, and it has descended into personal insults.

It’s an F1 thread!

The great thing about "Ignore user" in this version of XenForo is that you don't see anyting in quoted replies either. It's been a boon since I started using it yesterday morning.

Well, I've a nasty feeling that Lewis/Merc are going to come up short for definite now.... COTA was supposed to be a Merc circuit, Mexico and Sao Paulo are nailed on for Red Bull... it may even be done before Abu Dhabi such is the speed of the RB in Austin.
My feeling also. Anyway, every winning streak, no matter how great, has to come to an end (Schumacher and Alonso), and as Brian Ellis said, they have had it their own way for a very long time. The simple fact seems to be that, overall, RB/Honda/Verstappen have come up with the best package this year, and if you come up with the best package, you deserve the big prize.

My feeling also. Anyway, every winning streak, no matter how great, has to come to an end (Schumacher and Alonso), and as Brian Ellis said, they have had it their own way for a very long time. The simple fact seems to be that, overall, RB/Honda/Verstappen have come up with the best package this year, and if you come up with the best package, you deserve the big prize.
And it really is as simple as that!

That and Max is driving out of his skin. To be honest without the no fault of his own issues he'd be streets ahead anyway. IMO (and it hurts to say this) Max deserves it more than Lewis this year.

Well, there's no arguing as to who are the two class acts in the field.
Max has this well under control. He looked comfortable following the Mercedes. Great start from Lewis but the RB/Max combo just looks the better package here.

Last edited:
Well, there's no arguing as to who are the two class acts in the field.
No doubt at all.

PER should have been closer (based on his laptimes over the whole weekend and in particular the first part of the race) and probably would have been had they put him on the hard tyre for the middle stint.

A shame for Kimi going off roading near the end and not finishing in 10th.

Great race to watch, really enjoyed it.

Well done to Max, he deserved that win.

As has been said easy to see who the top two drivers are.

Looking forward to next weekend.

advertisement

Back