advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Selling my 104 as noisy when tuning, and my Cyrus fmx with psx r2 is superb, really musical and full of energy.
104 works but scratchy when in use, needs good clean and recap.
Cost me peanuts, any one who fancies a freebie project just drop me a line, maybe a small donation to charity to cover post, or collect and it’s yours.
Typical with vintage units......
Recapping is easy to do for me and I listen to only one radio station so should be okay. :cool:

I’m a big fm fan, and have owned many, everything from trio and Sansui to Cyrus and magnum dynalab.
104 on radio 2 is excellent, but the new psx r2 makes fmx awesome, got psx r2 really cheap as last owner had just bought it in a old unpopular. shade of black. So I got brand new one for less than a 10 year old mk1. Bloody heavy, has lifted fmx into a different league, and I’ve always had soft spot for Cyrus.

Truvox LS120 speakers.

Know the company but never heard of the speakers before, but they were cute and impressively weighty, so I took a punt for 50p the pair! All Celestion drivers it turns out, including HF1300 tweeters.

A Denon 2900 as cd transport . Works really well , is chunky and feels brand new. My old Revox is too unreliable

Denon PMA-600NE amp & Definitive Technology speakers, a house moving in present for my son.
Sounds better than I’d imagined!

Just moved into a new (to me) flat. Wanted to introduce myself to the neighbours gently so upgraded my headphone amp from Topping L30 to Topping A30pro. Excellent upgrade, more bass weight & definition & more detail & separation. Can listen for hours with my HD600s with no listening fatigue.
Whilst researching the A30pro I also came across the D30pro DAC. Wasn't looking for another DAC but I was sufficiently intrigued by the fact it uses quad Cirrus Logic DAC chips rather than the ubiquitous ESS or AKMs that I've taken a punt. Early days yet but so far it does seem to have a sweet, organic quality to it.

Quad Vena 2 to accompany some Quad 10L bookshelf speakers, making a compact and really decent sounding office setup to ease me through the working day.

gi.mpl

Teac / Esoteric P500 CD transport. DAC is built into the JVC amp.

Meridian 104 fm tuner coming soon for me. Analog tuners rule IMO, can’t wait !
Finally didn’t work ! The seller forgot he sold this unit and it was no longer available. He suggested me a Kenwood digital tuner instead so I asked him a refund on my PayPal. Too bad !

Some lovely almost mint Rega RS3s in piano black. I had these in Cherry, sold them 5 years ago and kept wanting them back and now happy as Larry - for now!

advertisement

Back