advertisement

Show us your fuel receipt

The US vs UK/EU perception of fuel cost at the Pump difference frankly is almost entirely all in taxation.

I don't actually have a problem with that, overall. Still think it's the best*/most direct way to change habits by effect of a road-mile-use charge.

*it is direct - hey your new 2.5tonne urban assault vehicle only manages 12mpg; your problem!
But also in simple but essential, old-fashioned personal expectation of anonymity, too: requires no tracking / further data collection about where I go, what or how we chose to travel: say to the beach tomorrow, just because the weather looks good, and we can/wish to as fam & friends. 'we'll share the cost of fuel, lunch, the rest - let's go.'...to my mind, such simple established expectations of privacy do matter. anything more invasive on watching who goes where/when.. must be resisted. And I'm a very ,very long way from a 'rights' nutter.

From memory I paid £1.44 per litre on Thursday just before the bike mot. Must admit, 1250cc for 1320 miles a year is starting to appear excessive. I feel an SV 650 in my future, and maybe the bus in a months time!

I paid 1.9 euros/lt for Shell V power today on a French autoroute! Needless to say I didn't get a full tank...

Last week had to fill up at 1.56/L for diesel vulgaris in Kirkwall. Pricy, but perhaps it supports their local economy. Interestingly, they seem to have more rapid chargers per capita than anywhere else I’ve been, and I believe they’re all tariff free.

Pricy, but perhaps it supports their local economy.
My favourite phase for the last 20 years. Started in Cape Town where they had parking minders everywhere and attended petrol pumps. It became a favourite phrase on holiday and I did my bit whenever possible.

Reactions: JTC
Fuel prices have hit a record high in NZ. The price of 91 in my town is now very nearly $2.50/litre. Filled the Focus from almost empty yesterday, expecting I had a fortune of accumulated discounts made over the last period. Well, I'd cocked it up and found I had no discounts at all! $101 later... :mad:

U9pr1l2.jpg

Dorset. £1.63.9, so 1.64 basically. In which other business do you pay 0.9p for something?? ****ers.

U9pr1l2.jpg

Dorset. £1.63.9, so 1.64 basically. In which other business do you pay 0.9p for something?? ****ers.

Wan****, *uc*ers or Tossers?

Obviously doesn’t matter, we’re all getting shafted, profiteering by the oil companies and retailers at its finest.

advertisement

Back