advertisement

Linn Ikemi faulty

Oled

Hi I'm reaching out to linnfomaniac83 or any one who can help. My Ikemi after playing a disc wouldn't respond to the load/unload button. The player was making a loud buzzing noise so I turned it off. When I turned it on again the buzzing had stopped but the load tray no longer opens. I've opened it up and it seems that the lift/lower of the drive no longer works. The CD is still read and plays but the mechanism wont drop down to allow the tray to open. Any ideas??
Many thanks,
Oled

My Karik was serviced to as new spec by Dolman AV (everything needed was redone to factory spec even resolderjng parts of the board) also provided a comprehensive report.

Thanks Dark Lord, I may go in that direction eventually but just wondering if there is any one who can put their finger on the fault. I am able to solder and am prepared to go to this level, with some help!

Are you getting a whirring sound at all when you press the open/close button? It’s entirely possible that the belt has failed. I’m happy to go through a video call with you to try and diagnose at a distance if you drop me a PM.

advertisement

Back