advertisement

Rega IO to Rega Brio

gerlando

Prog Rocker
I’m wondering if the moving from Rega IO to Rega Brio could bring some improvement, as well as adding extra inputs that I would need.

thanks.

Can't you stretch to an Elex-r? I love mine and is such an improvement on the Brio I had before. I picked mine up for around £600 2nd hand.

I thought the Brio R was a great for the money, I'm not sure the newer Brio is much different, I've never heard the IO but I'd assume going from the IO to Brio would be a safe buy.

A Schiit SYS (volume control and two-input switch) would give you an extra input for $49 US (don’t know UK pricing or availability). I’m clearly biased, but my little Rega io is a forever amp for me, its sound quality is just sublime.

Last edited:
Not according to some... ;-)
It's being phased out. You might therefore find one at a good price.

I don't get the folk who like one amp in the Rega range an not another since all use the same base design. I put it down to the vagaries of far from perfect comparisons and the online chatter mill.

A Schiit SYS (volume control and two-put switch) would give you an extra input for $49 US (don’t know UK pricing or availability). I’m clearly biased, but my little Rega io is a forever amp for me, its sound quality is just sublime.
Wow, good to hear. What speakers are you using with it?

I don't get the folk who like one amp in the Rega range an not another since all use the same base design. I put it down to the vagaries of far from perfect comparisons and the online chatter mill.

Yeah, seems a bit odd, I would of assumed they would have a 'family' sound

They probably do have a family sound but at each price point people may expect (and indeed find, potentially in another brand) different characteristics that they strive for.

advertisement

Back