advertisement

Bowie and Adele,

I need to hear it a few times. Only heard a clip so far, but it didn’t grab me like her earlier tunes did. I am going to wait till I have shifted my cold.
I have a lot of time for her given her background, attitude and voice, so don’t want to write it off because my sinuses are clogged.

I’ve just gone back to the piano backing for Someone Like You, and Skyfall, to provided piano backing for a female vocalist friend of mine. Scary stuff, but we might just up it off.

The Toy album is on YouTube. Apparently he wasn’t happy with the production though there are rumours that he was trying to force himself out of the EMI contract. It’s a decent album but find the Heathen album tighter and more satisfactory.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought it referred to some tasteless posthumous collaboration between the late Mr Bowie and the still living Adele.

There seems to be a huge amount of fuss being made about the latter; from what I've heard of her music she's no Joni Mitchell.

Seemingly 24 million streamed/downloaded Adele's new single upon release, I've heard a few snippets on the TV, pretty much sounds like the rest off her stuff.

The Toy album is on YouTube. Apparently he wasn’t happy with the production though there are rumours that he was trying to force himself out of the EMI contract. It’s a decent album but find the Heathen album tighter and more satisfactory.

I haven't heard it yet, I know it's available on YouTube but I'll wait until I have the LP which is included in the forthcoming Era5 boxset, according to Earl Slick and other band members it was quite an unusual recording as they recorded as a band rather than the usual recording of separate tracks in the studio.

Amazon link Toy is released today. The Lp is almost £140. The cassette is available in store only ( Bowie 75 stores that is ).
The cassette was a reasonable £19.99, hmmmm....... two copies on discogs, one @£99 and the other @£2,495.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This is getting ludicrous.

I have smashed all my 2000 or so LPs in a K-Foundation style protest.
Makes me sad at the prospect of vinyl being damaged but just make sure you sell it on as non fungible token!
Re the cassette I thought that it might have been £9.99 but £19.99!!! I'd seen that there was a 25% off code this weekend re Bowie stuff but a very helpful lady in the store said, "yes there is but not on any of the music media!"

Hi is that £140, for a box set, not a single album ?

on another note, bought Adele's cd played it and found it to be ok, played a few more times, it's a grower, but i expected more, some real stand out songs, but hay :rolleyes:

Adele has cancelled her Vegas concert, Covid issues
Crowd reaction in the USA:D

57855.jpeg

advertisement

Back