advertisement

What was the last music that you bought?

Which is your local store Mike? I used to love B Side the C Side and will occasionally have a rummage through the chaos that is Hatter's Hall in Faversham, but haven't tried any of the alternatives in Whitstable.
Gatefield Sounds on the High Street. Jon stocks most new releases (and it's a Record Store Day shop) but still caters for the "older" clientele - hence the rack of cheapo CD's at the front of the store. Today picked up BadBadNotGood & the Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammed Jazz Is Dead 9. I tend to pre-order most releases I'm interested in (Tone Poets, MFSL etc) but Jon usually has limited stock of those as well. I can't be bothered with Rock Bottom - I'm not really that interested in rummaging through racks of used albums anymore.

Mezaanzzazione reissue LP by Oronzo de Fillippi.
As ever, I am not supposed to be buying records at the moment...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Halsey - If I can't have love I want Power

Producers – Atticus Ross, Trent Reznor

IMG_20211013_212159.jpg

I told myself I was done for the month but then listening to that Xela CD reminded me that I still haven't bought Kreng's albums, so...

Kreng - Grimoire (CD/FLAC...only 1 left on Bandcamp)
Kreng - The Summoner (CD/FLAC....only 3 left on Bandcamp)
...and unrelated but for good measure to compliment the full-length album that I got a month or two ago:
B/B/S/ - Half Moon (FLAC)

Right, so all that's left is to buy Pink Anvil's Halloween Party and then my commercial holiday-appropriate soundtrack is basically complete.

*sigh*

I really should have stopped, and am sort of kicking myself for spending more money on music (but all told it's still pennies compared to buying hi-fi gear etc):

The Caretaker - Everywhere at the end of time
The Caretaker - Patience (After Sebald)
The Caretaker - Extra Patience (After Sebald)
Leyland Kirby - We, so tired of all the darkness in our lives
Leyland Kirby - We drink to forget the coming storm

In my defense (to myself), the latter 3 were all free/pay-what-you-want on Bandcamp, but I kicked in a few quid for each anyway.

Bought today;-
Gilroy Mere - The Green Line (Rough Trade repress, Clay Pipe)

Pre-ordered;-
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (50th Anniversary 2 LP set)
Basil Kirchin - Abstractions Of The Industrial North (10" repress, Trunk)

Ayla Nereo "Waterfall" single.

2 days short of 17 months after the first French lockdown and 1300 new "albums" (as defined by Roon, so anything from a one-track single to a boxset).

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Taking a punt on “Fanfare” by Jonathan Wilson. Really liked “Gentle Spirit”.

I just bought the deluxe 3-disc version of Jimmy Barnes 30:30 Hindsight album with most of it new to me, save for the Joe Bonamassa contributions.

advertisement

Back