advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another massive crowd of 527 at Sandygate for Hallam’s home game against Selby this afternoon.

A tight start to the game, Liam Royles (he scores goals) opening the scoring for Hallam; a penalty bringing Selby level. Not for the first time this season though, the Countrymen found another gear for a huge win.

Selby supporters when they get home...

Unbelievable!

DLLWWWWWWWWWWDW TOTL

Apparently police are investigating a supposedly racist banner held by Palace fans having a dig at the Saudi takeover quoting on one hand " wev'e got our team back" and then listing murder, persecution etc showing blood on the floor. I guess this kind of stuff will go on until we all get fed up with it!

Apparently police are investigating a supposedly racist banner held by Palace fans having a dig at the Saudi takeover quoting on one hand " wev'e got our team back" and then listing murder, persecution etc showing blood on the floor. I guess this kind of stuff will go on until we all get fed up with it!

Newcastle-PIF.png

I wouldn't describe it as racist. Seems a legitimate protest at the way the PL is going/has gone.

Only saw MOTD highlights but quite pleased with that result against a very well organised Brighton.

I’d like to see Man U beat Liverpool to keep them below us in the table but know that this is unlikely given the current form of Liverpool who look like they can beat anyone at the moment and are now surely favourites for the title. Anything less would have to be seen as a complete failure by Klopp and expensively assembled team of super stars.

I wonder who complained about the banner? Of course, the Met has been under a bit of pressure lately and anyway if the person/organisation/club/woman reporting it said it was racist then the police are at least going to carry out an initial investigation to determine if a crime has been committed..

It looked fine to me though and it’s good to see football fans do have a moral compass.

A fans group has taken ownership of the banner and given their reasons https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59025887
Palace fan group Holmesdale Fanatics has taken credit for the banner - displayed during the 1-1 draw between the clubs on Saturday - on Twitter, and issued a statement.

"The Saudi led takeover of Newcastle has rightly received widespread condemnation and anger," it said.

"To give the thumbs up to this deal at a time when the Premier League is promoting the women's game and inclusive initiatives such as rainbow armbands, shows the total hypocrisy at play and demonstrates the league's soulless agenda where profits trump all."

The takeover was 80% financed by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF), whose chair is Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

When approving the takeover, the Premier League said it had received legal assurances from the new owners that the Saudi state would not control Newcastle United and there would be penalties if it was proved otherwise.

The fans group's statement said this decision "made a mockery" of the 'Owners and Directors' test.

Personally I suspect that the major factor for Newcastle fans is getting rid of Ashley, they are no more likely to support the "regime" than other supporters but lets face it we have zero input into who owns our own clubs.

In simplest terms I reckon this has more to do with who buys our fighter jets than concern about the ethics of football supporters.

Only saw MOTD highlights but quite pleased with that result against a very well organised Brighton.

I’d like to see Man U beat Liverpool to keep them below us in the table but know that this is unlikely given the current form of Liverpool who look like they can beat anyone at the moment and are now surely favourites for the title. Anything less would have to be seen as a complete failure by Klopp and expensively assembled team of super stars.

Expensively assembled?

Nett spend is less than 20M per season over the last 5 years - same over 10 years.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/pr...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Where are you team on that table...above Liverpool I assume.

You spent £50m for bloke to stand between the posts and another £75m for another bloke to hack the ball away before it gets to him.

That’s expensive.

Muppet.

Not very erudite I know, but some posts are so daft they warrant it.

Muppet.

Not very erudite I know, but some posts are so daft they warrant it.

That's not a very nice thing to call someone just because they've questioned how much a football club has spent on it's players. It's only my opinion. There's simply no need to be so aggressive about something so trivial.

I've never resorted to personal insults so will accept your apology when it arrives.

Best of luck to you today against your bitter rivals. It should be a great game.

Kind Regards, Rack.

Fair shout - Gallagher to replace Dennis Tudor - my memory only goes back to 72 and I included Milburm on the basis of conversations I have had with Geordie work colleagues over the years.

I am also going to replace Rudd Hullit with Nobbie Salerno for his superior ability to whip in a decent cross and not too shabby on free-kicks.

Gullit never played for Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back