advertisement

Loudspeakers You Wish To Try But Probably Won't Own In This Lifetime

That's the whole reason why I make my own. In the hope that one day I'll produce my dream speakers...
I tried this, with a lot of help from a friend - the single driver, omnidirectional Hi-fi News Ace design. They were only partially successful... but set me on the path to my current (commercial) speakers, which make me very happy :cool:

Probably some of those big Living Voice horns. I’m unlikely to ever have either the funds, or space, for them. I’ve heard them at Bristol and thought they were visually and aurally arresting and captivating. Couldn’t care less about coloration, if indeed there is much, they were visceral, and full of life.

Mmmm yeah, I remember hearing those aeons ago @ the Bristol Show.

Kickass they were.

Surprised no Vitavox Klipschorns listed...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Vit...KfCr0Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=731&bih=375&dpr=1.75

Large Klangfilm
JBL M2
A selection of the bigger JBL blue face monitors
Ureis in their larger configurations, Altec and JBL drivers.
Big WE system
Room to fit the above

I’d quite like the lads from Kenrick Sound to drop off a pair of huge JBLs; any from their 4300 series.

More likely to happen, I’ll have a pair of ESL57s in the Bauhaus style, (I think) still made by QUAD Musikwiedergabe in Germany...

LE1.jpg

Braun LE1 (Dieter Rams, 1959)

Never seen those before - they'd look very nice in my flat!

Tannoy DMT 215 - Too big.

I reckon I could get away with the Tannoys in my garage, it’s easily big enough to accomodate them.
Hmmm…

Those in the PS Audio room
B&W 805d4
JBL 100 Classic
Tannoy Eaton Legacy

But currently thoroughly enjoying my latest purchase Falcon gold badge LS3/5a, probably keep these even if I got something else. The ideal small room speaker for me.

Sonus faber Fenice, because i want to know why this speaker from a top manufacturer, did so badly in sales,

Looks like only 30 pairs were made, from Sound and Vision in 2010: “And the cost? The press release says "over 140,000 euros" per pair ($186,000 as of this writing). Sonus Faber has decided to make only 30 pairs of the Fenice, so order yours now to avoid disappointment!”

I would like to audition the lower ranges of the bigger PMCs. IB2/MB2/MB3 perhaps (but I am not sure of the latest lineup).

I like the way the bottom end of the consumer PMCs works when I have heard them, so I am curious about how that translates into their bigger domestic and pro models, compared to the similar sized ATCs I have heard. However I find nothing wrong with my active ATC SCM50s yet, in this room anyway, to persuade me to expend the effort to look elsewhere and potentially fork out the money to change.

advertisement

Back