advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all gone a bit Class D...

2Hb0g7Q.jpg

That’s a beautiful setup - love that amp.

Very nice indeed

A couple of new additions.

I have picked up a Nagra VPS phono stage to match my HD Dac. It is sounding extremely good, as expected.

I have also acquired an Audio Research VSi75 integrated amp which popped up at a great price, so I couldn't resist it. It is replacing my Exposure 5010 pre/power amps, which you can see behind it. It is a very different presentation - much cleaner, more neutral, more direct, but also smooth and engaging. I like it a lot.

out of interest, is the vs175 quiet? i had a vs150 and had to send it back as the transformers buzzed like crazy!

I have picked up a Nagra VPS phono stage to match my HD Dac. It is sounding extremely good, as expected.

I have also acquired an Audio Research VSi75 integrated amp which popped up at a great price, so I couldn't resist it. It is replacing my Exposure 5010 pre/power amps, which you can see behind it. It is a very different presentation - much cleaner, more neutral, more direct, but also smooth and engaging. I like it a lot.

5010, Nagra, Audio Research......definitely high end stuff ! Can’t go wrong with either !

A new room, for which new items are Wilson Sabrina speakers and a Shunyata Hydra Alpha mains conditioner. Otherwise a Devialet 250 Pro I've had for 5 years and a Claro turntable for 7 years. The Wilson speakers were chosen by my wife to fit in with the colour scheme. Having lived with Harbeth for years, which would not have fitted in this room at all, I find the sound very similar, but just more of it, richer bass and crystal clear treble, but not bright.

The room is acoustically treated with a product called Acoustiwall lining the brick under the wallpaper, as well as the lowered ceiling, which is made from sound bloc board. There is a dedicated mains supply to the audio system, shielded and on a separate phase from the rest of the house. The windows are also noise reducing, about 40dB.

There is also a 6-speaker immersive sound system fitted into the lowered ceiling, a new sound/light product launched earlier this year, which has lots of things built in and which I mostly use with Roon.

51620550310_f9673f1040_b.jpg

Where’s your cable money shot, Dr Hutch?

I'm not sure the world (well, pfm) is quite ready for that.

Actually, the cables are mostly down behind the equipment stand, or hidden by the curtains, and there's not that many of them these days (turntable and CD player to amp, amp to headphone amp, plus speaker cables.

i have always liked Audio Research amps especially Ref5SE/Ref 75 but also GSi integrated. Awesome sound.

Lovely looking room. Can I ask if the record storage was a off the shelf;), or a bespoke job. Its look excellent.
It was made about 10 years ago by Simon Gavin at Audinni. It had doors before, took them off and ironed on a bit of veneer to cover some magnetic catch holes.

The audio is in a new unit from him, Aveos Cube, which he made 15cm taller.

I like the other equipment you have on your photo site as well though I’m not sure how I’d fit it in my room or what my wife would say!

Sadly imgbox seems to have gone all Pervy. I’ll replace the link when I have a moment

EDIT - switched to imgbb, seems to be less weird advert content on there.

Nice room, layout and equipment @sls4321 what the dimensions of your room please?

Not big, about 14' x 18' I think. Used to have my hifi in a much larger space. Hence attention to building materials and furnishings for acoustics and speakers suitable to the size of the room. Harbeth and Wilson are both accommodating speakers, but Harbeth benefitted from more space to the side than this room would allow.

Neither my wife nor I like looking at hifi, but the Sabrina in Titanium are quite a feature. I've used Townshend Isolda cables for some years and they go under rugs, but the wife objects to the few inches that are visible.

Not big, about 14' x 18' I think. Used to have my hifi in a much larger space. Hence attention to building materials and furnishings for acoustics and speakers suitable to the size of the room. Harbeth and Wilson are both accommodating speakers, but Harbeth benefitted from more space to the side than this room would allow.

Neither my wife nor I like looking at hifi, but the Sabrina in Titanium are quite a feature. I've used Townshend Isolda cables for some years and they go under rugs, but the wife objects to the few inches that are visible.

Fanatisc room and system
Have you tried a larger carpet (or dare I say rug)
Is your floor suspended or concerte
Are there any reports of placing Sabrinas on their own independant suspension such as from Townshend etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back