advertisement

Look what I got on freecycle

garyi

leave blank
008i3skNgy1gvmbgujhpjj60hs0dcq5202.jpg

With a bunch of jigs. Call me pickled tink!

I have discovered I had a dressing tool so have reground the stone as it was groovy and I have cleaned the strop which was caked and then tried a chisel my god its amazing!

Also I have found an online community more divided, more intrenched and more crazy than hifi. Amazing!

Last edited:
I once got matching M & S two seater sofa and sofa bed in immaculate condition, unmarked and a modern fabric.
Worth well over a grand between them S/H.

I'll admit I have done very well on freecycle but I never take anything I dont need. i.e. I am not one of those pillocks who then sticks it on ebay. Man I have done well.

I picked up a mig welder this week as well! With 3 bottles of gas. I have always wanted to try and my next door neighbour is going to teach me.

And I got an ikea click clack sofa bed like brand new, all sorts of things.

I picked up a mig welder this week as well! With 3 bottles of gas. I have always wanted to try and my next door neighbour is going to teach me.

I shall listen out for a big bang from your general direction. How well do you know your neighbour as a matter of interest?

haha indeed. He was an engineer for the fire service retired now and has literally rebuilt classic cars. He knows what he is doing.

Which is handy because I dont have a clue. According to him the bottles are worth more than the machine at the moment lol.

A very decent jesture by the person that gave it away

Personally I would think giving it to a charity so they can eBay it to be a more 'decent' option - I am looking to shift a router+table and will probably go down that path :)

Usually when I put stuff on Freecycle it's because I can't be arsed with either the hassle of selling it (tyrekickers, etc) or the distance to our local tip.

008i3skNgy1gvmbgujhpjj60hs0dcq5202.jpg

With a bunch of jigs. Call me pickled tink!

You may allready be aware that this type of wet stone sharpener is for just that , sharpening a profole edge you have allready , No good for changing to say a long grind bowl gouge from a std bowl gouge ,due to the delicate sand stone wheel this unit has fitted.

No doubt. All I know is I have like 30 chisels that are all blunt as ass holes and now 5 of them are super sharp.

They should PAT test before selling them and most shops don’t have the facility to do it.

Pete

Was the case a while back that they refused for that reason - since a few years though I have taken electricals to a number in our neck of the woods and they haven't batted an eyelid.
The British Heart Foundation (ao) have a presence on eBay and I come across them regularly when searching for electrical gear. They also seem acutely aware of the value of what they put up too ;)

Personally I think that's a real step forward from flogging dingy old clothes and plastic ornaments :D

advertisement

Back