advertisement

Photo Theme 292 : Wish You Were Here

Mr Perceptive

Perceptive Member
Closes midnight Sunday 17th Oct

Continuing @ff1d1l brilliant song lyric theme, lets have your entries for Wish You Were Here, can be any intepretation from the lyrics, Pink Floyd or anything else that makes you think "Wish You Were Here"

(Extra Bonus Points to any entries that re-enact the cover shot, or the diving pool :))

wish-you-were-album-cover.jpg

PF_pho_WYWHdiver.jpg

1) Submit one photo to be taken between now and the end date.

2) Max dimensions 1000px (W) x 800px (H) per photo, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Themes so far have been:

4 Legged; A Sense of Scale; Abandoned. A Small Joy; Abstract; After Dark; Age; Album cover; Angles; Animals; Another Fine Mess; Anticipation; Anything Goes; Arches; At the Market; At the water's edge; Athletic; Atmosphere; Autumnal; Back to Basics; Bath; Beautiful Evidence; Beer; Before & After; Below; Black & White; Bleak; Bliss; Bloom; Bokeh; Building; Candid; Car(s); Changing Seasons; Character; Charm; Chill; Close to home; Close up; Coast; Cold; Comfort; Commerce; Communication; Complex; Constant Variable; Construction; Contrast; Corner - or around it; Crowded; Curves; Darlin' Companion; Decay; Deep; Desolate; Discontinuous; Distant; Distorted; Dominant Colour; Dream; Emergency Services; Empty; Enterprise; Escapism; Evening; Eye; Faces Everywhere; Family; Favourite thing; Feet; Feet in the Picture; Feminine; Festive sprit; Fill the frame; Fish out of Water; Flow; Folded; Food; Food of Love; For the Record; Frame It; Freedom; From Above; Fruit; Gesture; Glass; Go; Grain; Grand Day Out; Great Balls of Fire; Green; Grey; Hands; Hardware; Here comes the sun; Hidden; High or Low; Highlight; Highly Strung; Holidays; Hope; Horsepower; Humour; Implementation; Impression(ist); Incongruous; Independence; Indulgence; Industrial; Infrastructure; Inside; Interaction; Interstitial; Intertwine; Isolation; Junk; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Labour; Large!; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Leisure; Less Is More; Light; Light Relief, Indoors; Line; Lines; Links; Long Exposure; Look Up or Look Down; Looking Out; Low light; Lunch; Lush; Massive; Mechanical; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Modern World; Morning; Mother nature; Motion; Movement; Moving Still; My favourite Beauty Spot; Naked; Natural World; Neon; New beginning; Night; Noise; Non-linear; Numbers; Numerous; Objets Trouvés; Old & New; On forever's very now we stand; On Two Wheels; On your doorstep; Oops; Open; Open - Anything Goes; Orange; Out & About; Out with the old, in with the new; Outside; Park life; Parking; Paths; Patience; Pause; Polly Wants A Cracker; Portal; Portrait; Portrait: Green in black and white; Power; Recreation; Red; Reflect; Reflection; Relaxing; Remote; Retail; Rhythm; Rock; Rubbish; Rust; Rustic; Sand, Sea or Sky; Scorch; Set; Shadows; Shapes Everywhere; Sharp; Shopping Madness; Signs; Silhouettes; Simple; Simplicity; Single Colour; Sliding; Small; Smooth; Song Titles; Space; Sparkling; Speed; Sphere of Influence; Sporting Action; Spring; Spring Has Sprung; Square; Static; Steel; Still Life; Straight out of camera! Round; Stranger; Street; Sunlight; Symmetry; Technology; Tension; Texture; Texture / Dominant Colour; The eyes have it; Disproportionate; Doors; Revolution; The Facility; The Golden Hour; The Great Outdoors; The last days of Summer; The Look of Love; Thirds; Three; Time; Tiny; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned); Top to Bottom; Tranquillity; Translucent; Transport; Triangle; Two of; Uncovered; Unruly/disobedient; Up; Up Close; Up My Street; Upside Down; Urban; Vanishing Point; Vertical; Voluptuous; Walls; Warm; Water; Weather; Wet Wet Wet; White noise; Wind; Window; Wings; Winterval; Wood; Work; Work, Rest or Play; Xmas Excess; Yellow; Yes; Your neighbourhood; Missing; Shadows/ the spaces in between; The Road and the Sky; Goodness Gracious Me!;Bricks & Stone; Tools; Reasons To Be Cheerful

Last edited:
[Spoken Intro]
And disciplinary remains mercifully
Yes and um, I'm with you Derek, this star nonsense
Yes, yes
Now which is it?
I am sure of it

[Song]
So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell?
Blue skies from pain?
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a leading role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here

Office of the head gardener, Heligan, Cornwall. "In 1914, 23 men worked in the Gardens at Heligan. By 1917 their number was reduced to just 8. We know that 13 enlisted in World War 1 and only four returned"
qUEMKOm.jpg

I wasn't going to take this pic, and was walking away when something made me turn back and raise the camera.

Last edited:
some of my best pals and my dog...lockdown was a bugger. Missing them. Wishing they were nearer anyway.

flipped cover flat by John Dutfield, on Flickr
For some reason I don’t understand this puts me in mind of the Strange Days album cover. Quadrophenia too, as the four chaps seem to reflect different bits of the Marchbanks personality. Shame one of them isn’t clutching a bottle of Rochefort. That mini-bass thing looks like fun, what is it?

Some great and diverse entries, in no particular order:-

Kilpeck Church, Herefordshire. The doorway dates from the 1140's and is said to depict hell on the side pillars and heaven in the firmament arch over the door.

Heaven And Hell
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Interesting (and great detail), but perhaps more Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell) than Pinkl Floyd!!

some of my best pals and my dog...lockdown was a bugger. Missing them. Wishing they were nearer anyway.

flipped cover flat by John Dutfield, on Flickr

Definitely a gatefold album sleeve! A real sort of concept that a band like Pinkl Floyd would have put together - very clever

Yesterday. Today I'm back home.

Torridon Massif from Gairloch 1 211016
by mr.noisy, on Flickr

I can definitely relate to the 'Wish You Were Here'

Off somewhere nice?
51596561039_97790e0e38_c.jpg

Immediately made me think of

Look mummy, there's an aeroplane up in the sky

Ooh

Did you see the frightened ones?
Did you hear the falling bombs?
Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the
Promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?

Office of the head gardener, Heligan, Cornwall. "In 1914, 23 men worked in the Gardens at Heligan. By 1917 their number was reduced to just 8. We know that 13 enlisted in World War 1 and only four returned"
qUEMKOm.jpg

I wasn't going to take this pic, and was walking away when something made me turn back and raise the camera.

A peaceful tranquil area, somewhere to retreat to.

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell?
Blue skies from pain?
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?

This was on our our dog walk yesterday, looking towards Ben Avon in the Cairngorms:

172049975.ZvGSZscz.db303.jpg

But its this one that to me most fits the theme title - the added lyrics gave it a bonus point! so over to SteveG for the next theme.

For some reason I don’t understand this puts me in mind of the Strange Days album cover. Quadrophenia too, as the four chaps seem to reflect different bits of the Marchbanks personality. Shame one of them isn’t clutching a bottle of Rochefort. That mini-bass thing looks like fun, what is it?
That’s exactly what I’m doing. This is the front cover of an album that these 4 old gits made during lockdown. I finished this collage last week and am just waiting for the track order to paste it in on the back left. The gentlemen you see all sang in isolation and sent their recorded parts to he of the cloak. The 17 tracks we did are in mastering as I write. I’ve emailed him your question since I don’t know!

Finally a reply. It’s a Bass Ukulele, made in Hawaii and used by Ukulele bands! The strings are hand made in Italy and cost £5 each I’m told:)

Finally a reply. It’s a Bass Ukulele, made in Hawaii and used by Ukulele bands! The strings are hand made in Italy and cost £5 each I’m told:)
Thanks. I thought it looked a little like one of those Kala-type basses in electric form, which I've always quite fancied.

And still no wine. Mastering decisions today. With cake and tea! At 5 pm!! Luckily I was 400 miles away at the time.

advertisement

Back