advertisement

New from Alfa Mist, April

I can't remember the album, but I had a splatter pressing a month or two back and the different polymer blends had not fused together properly - the splatter pattern played - it sounded like travelling at speed along one of those roads cast as sections of concrete.

Played Side 1 last night and compared to the hyped up other new release I got this week by London Grammar (which luckily was warped and can go back) it’s like night and day one was innovative, vibrant and full of Soul whilst the other was bland, repetitive and Soulless.

I can't remember the album, but I had a splatter pressing a month or two back and the different polymer blends had not fused together properly - the splatter pattern played - it sounded like travelling at speed along one of those roads cast as sections of concrete.
I always buy black vinyl.

The RT orange splatter is a very quiet pressing, I didn’t notice any clicks and pops anywhere. As a shameless capitalist record dealer I always go for the highly limited editions whenever I’m fast enough off the mark to grab them. I notice folk are already trying to flip the 500 RT orange and peach (HHV Germany) editions for £80+ on Discogs! I’ll be keeping mine as I very much like it, but always nice to know one has an appreciating asset.

I have the Black vinyl Bring Backs though maybe I made a mistake some of the colored vinyls are quite pricey now on the evil bay.

The 'purple velvet' is reasonably quiet but not silent by any means. I've found Anti- vinyl to be a bit noisy with the recent Tom Waits releases

I have the Black vinyl Bring Backs though maybe I made a mistake some of the colored vinyls are quite pricey now on the evil bay.

I am not sure how I ended-up with purple if there is black available - I found a link to pre-order weeks ago and just followed that.

I reckon it's quite compressed in places too - shame when you go to the trouble of a nice vinyl release.

I reckon it's quite compressed in places too - shame when you go to the trouble of a nice vinyl release.
Not sure about this one but all of his previous releases are on his own label and a lot of his audience are downloaders I suspect though hopefully like Matthew Halsall and Gondwana Records they’ll one day get with the program

Yes, I know it'll be rare after about 6 months, but I can't be arsed to pay £14 (excl. p&p) for 2 short-ish tracks. I'm done with buying new vinyl with an eye to future value possibilities. Happy to stream these.

advertisement

Back