advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great lunch of Ackee and Saltfish, Saltfish fritters, jerk chicken and roti with curry chicken

Nice view from our hotel balcony

20211020-151340.jpg

Postponed downstairs surgery due to chest infection.
Still expectorating green sputum, getting a bit bored with it now. Also as my sleep is being disturbed so much I am having some spectacular dreams, some of which have been rather unpleasant with dead people in them. New date for surgery came through today, that was fast.

Ordered The Wife a book for her birthday, Susanna Clarke ‘Piranesi’ - heard a review on the radio and it sounded interesting.
Also ordered a load of music, none of which I can remember. Makes it more exciting when something turns up.

On/Off switch cracked on my record deck, so stuck a bit of plastic on the switch. Will find out tomorrow if it works. I would like a stainless steel toggle switch or similar, but I have no aptitude for things like that. As I keep telling The Wife, I am an ideas man.

Oh, the Man has arrived with my score, what will it be?

Today was a boat from Glenridding to Howtown (25 mins), then a 9 mile walk back (4 and a half hours allowing a 15 minute stop for some lunch). Legs a bit achy now, my blister has a blister.

OS app behaved this time

51611795029_27e1d88cc3_c.jpg

Walking home from the pub in the snow:

172060838.A04QNmgZ.s04.jpg

We saw this in the village a couple of days back and thought it might be premature - but clearly they knew better than us!

172060835.wcB4OGBv.jpg

Today was a boat from Glenridding to Howtown (25 mins), then a 9 mile walk back (4 and a half hours allowing a 15 minute stop for some lunch). Legs a bit achy now, my blister has a blister.

OS app behaved this time

51611795029_27e1d88cc3_c.jpg
Ah happy memories of that , and yes it is killing !! 10 years ago we stayed in a house opposite with half a mile private beach , fit for Richard Branson. Awesome place

Think it was called lakefield boat house, incredible place on the edge of ullswater. Think it was badly flooded in the floods there a few years back

Day off today - half term. I'd usually be facilitating delivery to four classes of yr 6 students. Nice that Notts has two weeks off. So I'll put a good session in on the piano this morning, then after lunch will go to the gym.

Having a rest after a hectic few days in Copenhagen visiting our daughter.

Dutifully filled in the Passenger Location Forms. Nobody wanted to see them when we arrived back in the UK.

Fretting over getting a forecast done today, then finding that the pivot table required to do it was easy.

Lesson learned…..don’t fret!! :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back