advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Another diversion…

Me: “I doubt I’ll ever go to a Goodwood meeting ever again.”

Goodwood Members Meeting next year:

“As well as vintage race cars getting back to what they do best, the Members’ Meeting will also feature demonstrations of legendary car designer Gordon Murray’s new T.50 Hypercar, on and off track displays of Ayrton Senna’s most iconic cars in a celebration of his last F1 title and a tribute to the Jaguar XJR-15.”

Bugger.

On Sunday 24th October 2021 I’ll be at Brands Hatch for the final BTCC round of the year.

On Sunday 24th October 1971, Jo Siffert was killed in the non-championship World Championship Victory Race at Brands Hatch. The suspension of his BRM had been damaged in a lap one incident with Ronnie Peterson, and broke later. The BRM crashed and immediately caught fire. Siffert could not free himself from the burning car.

In the subsequent investigation, it was discovered that Siffert had only suffered a leg fracture in the initial crash but because three fire extinguishers failed to work properly no rescuers could reach Siffert for five minutes and he died of smoke inhalation. A fire marshall stated that if the fire extinguishers had worked correctly, then they could have reached Siffert within 20 seconds.

This accident led to a rapid overhaul of safety, both in-car and on circuit. On-board fire extinguishers (using BCF—bromochlorodifluoromethane, an aircraft product) became mandatory and also piped air for the drivers, direct into their helmets.

His funeral in Switzerland was attended by 50,000 people, and a Gulf-Porsche 917 of Team John Wyer led the hearse and procession through the streets of Fribourg.

I’ll spare a thought for Jo when I’m at Hawthorns.

Verstappen refusing to take part in “Drive to Survive” claiming Netflix are misusing interviews and quotes.

Summarising..

“because i act like a t*t on the track at times and my boss is an utter attention seeking bellend, I don't want it to be exposed further on a tv show and our winge immortalised”

He did express his opinion no?

I just explained what it really meant.

You are suggesting that in expressing his opinion he would show himself up to be something you think he is.

Do you have inside knowledge of F1 and why he has said this, there could be many reasons why he might have said this over and above the ones that have been reported.

He happens to be currently leading the F1 drivers championship so I think he deserves some credit and being listened to when he says something.

You are suggesting that in expressing his opinion he would show himself up to be something you think he is.

Do you have inside knowledge of F1 and why he has said this, there could be many reasons why he might have said this over and above the ones that have been reported.

He happens to be currently leading the F1 drivers championship so I think he deserves some credit and being listened to when he says something.

There could be many reasons, thats my personal conclusion though.

I am sure when say Boris Johnson makes a speech there are many variants of what he actually means. Never trust folk who have shown to be untrustworthy and never take them on face value , thats how I operate anyway. Your mileage may vary.

There could be many reasons, thats my personal conclusion though.

I am sure when say Boris Johnson makes a speech there are many variants of what he actually means. Never trust folk who have shown to be untrustworthy and never take them on face value , thats how I operate anyway. Your mileage may vary.

Please show us where Max Verstappen has been untrustworthy.

Please show us where Max Verstappen has been untrustworthy.

Most weeks when he bumps someone then whines about it claiming it wasn't his fault.

..but I suspect you know that, and are just being facetious like you do on many threads. At least its not cables this time eh? Lolz

advertisement

Back