advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our owners are broke. Can see a sale of the club coming soon. I’d like to see fans from all the leagues start a gofundme page for them. It’s the right thing to do. #footballfamily
Still - if by some miracle you finally win the CL this season you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it's all been achieved on a shoestring budget.
Not many previous winners can say that.

Still - if by some miracle you finally win the CL this season you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it's all been achieved on a shoestring budget.
Not many previous winners can say that.

It'll be like Christmas shopping at Fortnum and Mason, wearing your best cardboard slippers!

I would be surprised if there is a fan out there that would stop supporting their team because of a change of ownership. It is also true that many of us are ignorant of events across the globe until our attention is drawn to them.

Anyway, we are loyal, tribal, and defensive of our teams because football inspires it. Some of my earliest memories are of ducking through the streets and alleyways of Moss Side with my dad and grandad; I will never lose those sights, smells and thoughts.
Loads of fans out there, look at FC United & Wimbledon as examples. Plenty of fans feel passionate about ‘their’ club & who owns it. Look at the boycott at Blackpool. Just because the top flight has become what it is, let’s not tar everyone with the same brush.

Loads of fans out there, look at FC United & Wimbledon as examples. Plenty of fans feel passionate about ‘their’ club & who owns it. Look at the boycott at Blackpool. Just because the top flight has become what it is, let’s not tar everyone with the same brush.

Of course but my point was that it doesn't change who you support, or I cannot imagine it doing so.

Of course but my point was that it doesn't change who you support, or I cannot imagine it doing so.
Well in the case of FC United & Wimbledon it pretty much did. I am not sure how prevalent it is for people to switch clubs, I am sure it does happen but we tend to (subconsciously) think that everyone is like us.

Wimbledon switched location, I don’t think their supporters had much choice but I’ll ask one of my cousins about that.

And we now go over live to Sky Sports News for Elton John and a special performance of Goodbye Shattered Nose:
FCKeL9FXEAEkxBg

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/10/th...d-but-when-steve-bruce-left-newcastle-united/

The mocking of Steve Bruce on here is quite funny. He’s had a very successful playing career followed by a decent managerial one; also a multi millionaire. He done quite a bit better than anyone else on here.

In retirement he can go back to writing books, probably terrible ones but he is unlikely to care.

Had. Past tense.
Though he will be laughing all the way to the bank.
"He has basically tarnished an entire city as being deluded, demanding and abusive (a city he claims to love) while in the process saying we have hurt his family, thrown several of his players under the bus publically including a young goalkeeper playing in Ronaldo's homecoming, said he hopes some journalists get a slap, blamed his predecessor in public for his team playing poorly. Yet he is crying to the press about someone calling him a cabbage head."

I think the idiots attending matches dressed as Arabs do more damage to the image of NUFC than any manager ever could. As an outsider who really likes Newcastle as a city I don’t think the football club has any effect on my perception.

He probably was but he has had a successful career & made a good living. Many of those criticising him have probably done neither,
That's deeply hurtful! I shall go to my fwends in the pwess!
But wait a moment. As Steve said "it's not about me".
I shall wise above the slings and arrows of outwageous fortune!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back