advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike the original jab it is not available in my home town and I have to travel to get it.

This was the case with my booster last week. I had to travel to Oldham hospital to get it, which was a PITA for someone who doesn’t drive. I guess part of this is down to the location the main jabs were administered at was the local library/council offices, which were in a lockdown scenario initially but are now open as usual so no longer available for mass vaccination. Why they couldn’t use the local health centre or hospital is beyond me though. I suspect the journey will put a lot who need it off getting their booster, especially poorer people who won’t want to pay for a tram ticket, parking or whatever.

PS As I mentioned upthread it was also utterly shambolic. The vaccine site within the hospital right out in the outbuildings without a signposted route requiring about 10-15 directions given verbally from the front desk. I’m an ex-computer programmer, pretty good logic, yet I got totally lost! Then 25 minutes or so queuing outside in the light rain. Just not a good experience at all despite the staff, as ever, being really nice, friendly, helpful and clearly doing their best.

This was the case with my booster last week. I had to travel to Oldham hospital to get it, which was a PITA for someone who doesn’t drive. I guess part of this is down to the location the main jabs were administered at was the local library/council offices, which were in a lockdown scenario initially but are now open as usual so no longer available for mass vaccination. Why they couldn’t use the local health centre or hospital is beyond me though. I suspect the journey will put a lot who need it off getting their booster, especially poorer people who won’t want to pay for a tram ticket, parking or whatever.

PS As I mentioned upthread it was also utterly shambolic. The vaccine site within the hospital right out in the outbuildings without a signposted route requiring about 10-15 directions given verbally from the front desk. I’m an ex-computer programmer, pretty good logic, yet I got totally lost! Then 25 minutes or so queuing outside in the light rain. Just not a good experience at all despite the staff, as ever, being really nice, friendly, helpful and clearly doing their best.

I think tne booster jab is Pfizer irrespective of 1st and 2nd jab type? That may well be the problem; the Pfizer vaccine requires very low temp storage. Many of the venues for the first vaccine roll out just don't have that capability.

I think tne booster jab is Pfizer irrespective of 1st and 2nd jab type? That may well be the problem; the Pfizer vaccine requires very low temp storage. Many of the venues for the first vaccine roll out just don't have that capability.

Plus some Moderna. There were centres that were supplied from main hospitals acting as distribution hubs. They were GP led.

And yet they could do Pfizer across the whole of Europe...

Yes, this is plausible if the NHS is indeed being set up to fail before a major privatisation initiative.

They don't need to - little by little is working perfectly well for them. One of the tricks has been to use the NHS branding on the private, crony enterprises to pull the wool over peoples eyes. What the Tories want is everyone back in the workplace and that requires kids to be in school no matter what.

That is likely so generally, though all my doses were Pfizer, so in this case they have clearly lost vaccine site provision.

Incredible that Javid is saying that it up to the individual to wear masks and social distance. Whilst at the same time, not wearing them himself because he has judged it unnecessary to protect others, and encouraging everyone to get back to normal. And to think Charles I was chopped up for treason against the people.

They don't need to - little by little is working perfectly well for them. One of the tricks has been to use the NHS branding on the private, crony enterprises to pull the wool over peoples eyes. What the Tories want is everyone back in the workplace and that requires kids to be in school no matter what.

Weed out the weak and vulnerable, who needs them?.

"Our comparatively good position has been eroded and now, heading into the winter, the data looks truly alarming"

"Instead, in the UK, masks – which come with no economic detriment, only a public health benefit – were removed for purely ideological reasons. The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation pontificated for weeks before recommending against vaccinating 12– to 15-year-olds, despite finding an overall benefit of the vaccines in this age group, using calculations that it has not published."

"Only 17% of 12- to 15-year-olds in England have been vaccinated since the programme was announced, over a month ago... Instead, the 300,000 promised CO2 monitors – not even a mitigation in themselves, but the first step to determining when there is a problem – have not arrived. Last week it was reported that only 2% of the promised monitors had been delivered."

etc etc

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/21/britain-covid-numbers-plan-b-data

"Our comparatively good position has been eroded and now, heading into the winter, the data looks truly alarming"

"Instead, in the UK, masks – which come with no economic detriment, only a public health benefit – were removed for purely ideological reasons. The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation pontificated for weeks before recommending against vaccinating 12– to 15-year-olds, despite finding an overall benefit of the vaccines in this age group, using calculations that it has not published."

SNIP

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/21/britain-covid-numbers-plan-b-data

Yet another example in MSM of England = UK...

Not that continued mandatory masks in Scotland seems to have helped us much (at all? though I suppose COVID might have been even more rampant without them?) ?

EDIT: Contacted The Guardian, although not expecting much TBH, but they have already corrected it! :eek: :)

"Instead, in England, masks – which come with no economic detriment, only a public health benefit – were removed for purely ideological reasons."

Last edited:

Not that continued mandatory masks in Scotland seems to have helped us much (at all? though I suppose COVID might have been even more rampant without them?) ?

That's unfortunate but it doesn't compromise the thrust of the argument at all

52 009 cases today, 115 deaths and ... delayed today ... 894 admissions (19th)

Last edited:

Yes, exactly. It’s getting beyond frustrating that all the critical energy is going into masks which are 90% a symbolic issue. Unless sick pay and proper testing are front and centre I just don’t think it’s a serious discussion.

Tories secret COVID plans revealed

FCNnqEBXoAQip0g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back