advertisement

A bit of a blast from the past - Straightthru cables

GruntPuppy

pfm Member
As near as I can tell, about 15 years ago Straightthru cables were quite popular - although some of their claims were a bit on the ridiculous side, it looks like for the most part they made half-decent cables at a good price.

Does anyone remember them, did any of you buy them? The reason I'm asking is that I just bought a couple of pairs of their silver/gold interconnects off eBay (not sure the seller knew what he was selling), and am keen to learn a little more. I'd also be incredibly grateful for the chance of a copy of the "burn in" CD they sent out with their cables.

I didn't pay much for them, and I always welcome the chance to try something new (old) :D

As near as I can tell, about 15 years ago Straightthru cables were quite popular - although some of their claims were a bit on the ridiculous side, it looks like for the most part they made half-decent cables at a good price.

Does anyone remember them, did any of you buy them? The reason I'm asking is that I just bought a couple of pairs of their silver/gold interconnects off eBay (not sure the seller knew what he was selling), and am keen to learn a little more. I'd also be incredibly grateful for the chance of a copy of the "burn in" CD they sent out with their cables.

I didn't pay much for them, and I always welcome the chance to try something new (old) :D
Never heard of them. Sound intriguing though.

Never heard of them either, and Google isn't any help(assuming the spelling's correct). Are you sure it wasn't longer ago?

Or the buyer knew what he was purchasing? ;-)

Never heard of them, although the thought occurs, straightthru to what? eBay? A skip? Oblivion?

hopefully straight through to a bit of fun. I got the later ones with the branded connectors - they started off with generic components, there's a set of their earlier copper stuff on the bay right now - I got 2 pairs of the silver/gold RCA leads (purple jacket) for not much more than the asking price of the green jacketed ones. I'd have bought the Cabletalk Monitor 2's off the same seller, but he had advertised too many pairs, and I'd like to have matching RCA leads for the power amps.

These were recommended to me by a forum member years ago to use with some Exposure amps I had at the time. I didn't end up buying any, but I recall they were £55.00 a pair at the time (There is a chance I may have just made that up).

I had them years ago very good for the money if a little brightly lit - as I remember they came with a superb “burn in” disc which I still have and use.

Wirth a punt .

I had them years ago very good for the money if a little brightly lit - as I remember they came with a superb “burn in” disc which I still have and use.

Wirth a punt .

Would you be willing to burn me a copy of that CD? I will of course pay for media and postage if you can, please?

These were recommended to me by a forum member years ago to use with some Exposure amps I had at the time. I didn't end up buying any, but I recall they were £55.00 a pair at the time (There is a chance I may have just made that up).

Which flavour? They went all the way from plain copper, up to gold plated silver with beryllium :eek: I've ended up paying near that price for 2 pairs of something in the middle of the 2 extremes - gold plated silver wire.

advertisement

Back