advertisement

Last time listen before buy

I've renewed the whole hi-fi apart from the SME 20 and a couple of cables over the last ten years.
I've listened at length before buying each component with the exception of a couple of 2nd hand cables and the Quadraspire rack currently on order (no one has a 3-shelf QV3T on demonstration to listen to here). I even listened to such things as cones before purchase.

All internet for me. If I don’t like it, I send it back or sell it on.Works for me. Have a well known shop near to me but not convinced by the customer service. The quality of service seems to have depleted over the years IMO.

D and E. But listened stuff in people's homes before buying. And I rarely buy new anyway. Secondhand or make it myself usually.

E, D.

The only bit of kit I ever bought from a bricks and mortar shop was a turntable, a Rega RP6. I did sort of expect to get a listen but I don't think they considered it worth anyone's time. It was discounted to be fair, so I doubt they were making much on it, but it did leave me wondering what the point of them was.

advertisement

Back