advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why offshore trusts (or indeed any trusts) are allowed in the 21st century. There are practically no valid reasons for them and they are almost always about apart tax avoidance / evasion. They are a relic of former times and should be done away with.

Quote from Beeb news story:

Writing in the Sun, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said: "The Greenshirts of the Boiler Police are not going to kick in your door with their sandal-clad feet and seize, at carrot-point, your trusty old combi."

Sheer class, all the way.

I wonder why offshore trusts (or indeed any trusts) are allowed in the 21st century. There are practically no valid reasons for them and they are almost always about apart tax avoidance / evasion. They are a relic of former times and should be done away with.

Oh yes, yes, juice me up, and in the parlance of X Factor judges, agree 110%.

It would be difficult to implement as it rather interferes with sovereignty and would require a lot of international cooperation however in the meantime we could criminalise their use by the citizens of the country and maybe these sordid places would fade away when the punters dry up. What dya reckon?

Quote from Beeb news story:

Writing in the Sun, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said: "The Greenshirts of the Boiler Police are not going to kick in your door with their sandal-clad feet and seize, at carrot-point, your trusty old combi."

Sheer class, all the way.
And from today's Times .........

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F29603808-310d-11ec-820f-e2be9b2cb5fd.jpg

The other populist thug-clowns are getting their comeuppance- Trump voted out and facing multiple prosecution. Looming defeat and public rage mounting against Bolsonaro and opposition coalescing against Johnson’s recent red carpet guest, Orban.

Johnson can’t go on protecting the lie indefinitely, we’ve heard all the facile sloganeering, the stunts for the cameras- Ken Dodd knocks down a polystyrene wall, visits a Covid lab and gets in the way, waves his arms around next to some extras in army uniform. Nor can he go on throwing coins in front of the urchins because his rival next door in Downing St is going to take away the money tin.

It seems they're eyeing up the local government pension stash for green investment. Obviously, returns on green investment are not quick enough for the private funds (i.e. one year), so public pension schemes will be the ones to suffer low growth over the next few years, and take the hit on failures.

The system is broken.

Only just seen this. Never knew PFM was a cesspit of left wing Moronity. Maybe ask yourselves why the last actual left wing PM was Callaghan in the 1970’s? I guess being a left wing old fart and listening to valves go together

Only just seen this. Never knew PFM was a cesspit of left wing Moronity. Maybe ask yourselves why the last actual left wing PM was Callaghan in the 1970’s? I guess being a left wing old fart and listening to valves go together
Better that than support the bunch of corrupt lying pillocks currently running the country

Callaghan ‘left-wing’? Oh my aching sides!

Are you related to the class D / good queen Bess/ off with their heads geezer who used to frequent these parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back