advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
New addition in the form of a Rega P7 courtesy of Puddlesplasher. I'd been after one since I sold my P9 a good while ago, the P7 seems just as, if not more rare.

Rega P7
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Still with the backup speakers in the Scanspeak 10F Frugelhorn Lites while I search for something a bit larger, the KEF Reference Three-Two, if/when I can find a pair in the right combination of being somewhat nearby and correct finish.
I still have the Rega Wall mount to go up at some point, once I have found a nice cabinet to hide the rest of the kit all away!

Rega P7/Neo/Linear PSU (Ortofon Quintet Blue and AT33-PTG/II)
Sony DVP-S9000ES
Yamaha CD-NT670D
Denon PMA-2000IVR
Scanspeak 10F Frugelhorn Lite
Castle Classic Subwoofer

System

It's all gone a bit Class D...

2Hb0g7Q.jpg

Nydgazm.jpg

VTlFtpv.jpg

New addition in the form of a Rega P7 courtesy of Puddlesplasher. I'd been after one since I sold my P9 a good while ago, the P7 seems just as, if not more rare.

Rega P7

Still with the backup speakers in the Scanspeak 10F Frugelhorn Lites while I search for something a bit larger, the KEF Reference Three-Two, if/when I can find a pair in the right combination of being somewhat nearby and correct finish.
I still have the Rega Wall mount to go up at some point, once I have found a nice cabinet to hide the rest of the kit all away!

Rega P7/Neo/Linear PSU (Ortofon Quintet Blue and AT33-PTG/II)
Sony DVP-S9000ES
Yamaha CD-NT670D
Denon PMA-2000IVR
Scanspeak 10F Frugelhorn Lite
Castle Classic Subwoofer

System
Beast of a woofer.

Cool setup, so what’s your thoughts on the new Reference kit?

Honestly, I love it.

It's such a departure from what I had before (Class A/B Push Pull 15w) that I've not really got an apples to apples comparison.

The amp is an absolute beast and built like a tank. There's a lot going on under the hood. I definitely noticed a beneficial difference with Technics' LAPC speaker calibration module.

The built in phono stage works superbly with the low output Apheta 3 MC. The calibration record apparently eliminates crosstalk and makes other improvements which would be way over my head.

You can store each calibration as a separate named preset so you can use multiple cartridges and have them set up in-system.

I've only had the unit for a couple of days so will take a while to form a complete opinion but as it stands, I am really enjoying it.

Cheers.

A couple of new additions.

I have picked up a Nagra VPS phono stage to match my HD Dac. It is sounding extremely good, as expected.

I have also acquired an Audio Research VSi75 integrated amp which popped up at a great price, so I couldn't resist it. It is replacing my Exposure 5010 pre/power amps, which you can see behind it. It is a very different presentation - much cleaner, more neutral, more direct, but also smooth and engaging. I like it a lot.

A couple of new additions.

I have picked up a Nagra VPS phono stage to match my HD Dac. It is sounding extremely good, as expected.

I have also acquired an Audio Research VSi75 integrated amp which popped up at a great price, so I couldn't resist it. It is replacing my Exposure 5010 pre/power amps, which you can see behind it. It is a very different presentation - much cleaner, more neutral, more direct, but also smooth and engaging. I like it a lot.

A lovely collection of high end products. - You clearly take a natural approach to cable routing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back