advertisement

Tannoy Chesters- what do I need to know?

Hi Ken

As you know, these Chesters were with me for a while, I bought them from the O/P JTC, no idea of current value, I enjoyed my time with them and went on to buy Cheviots (and other speakers).

Could you give me a ring when convenient please.

Digging this thread up as I bought, enjoyed and then - for some bizarre reason - sold my Chesters, and I'm curious who I sold them to. It was via PFM, so maybe they're still around? Would love to know where they are and how they're getting on, now that I'm considering going back to Tannoys as either my main speaker (on the end of a 20w valve push-pull) or as a second system speaker.
It would appear that these are the ones I have John. :)

I have a pair of Tannoy Chesters on loan with a view to buying them.
I have been really impressed with them as they seem to handle everything I throw at them with ease. They are in original condition, neither modified or reconditioned with some water damage to the tops of both cabinets where the owner has been watering pot plants kept there???

My question is - what would be a fair price to pay for these? I've seen them as low as £230 and well over £1000 for rebuilt ones. (all on the net)

I'm using an NAC 72 and an on loan "Avondaled" CB NAP 250 with HiCap to drive them but would revert to my own NAP 140 as I've heard this combination in a previous loan scenario and thoroughly enjoyed that.
Any comments/advice would be welcome. :)
Well I finally own these Chesters and they're now hooked up to my own amp set-up (without the elderly NAPS connected yet*) and they are an absolute pleasure to listen to. :)

( * cos I can't remember the cable route but I'll get there)

advertisement

Back